REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
- Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U - DLC – Fans of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U can now add even more fun with a free update and new DLC for purchase on both versions. The free update includes a Duck Hunt stage for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and the ability to upload match replay highlights to YouTube in the Wii U version of the game. In addition, players can now purchase new Mii Fighter costumes – like Fox (from the and Star Fox series) and Toad outfits – as well as a Pirate Ship stage for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U inspired by The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker and a Super Mario Maker stage for both versions of the game. For full details, visit http://www.smashbros.com/us/.
Nintendo eShop on Wii U
- Freedom Planet – Fight your way across the celestial world of Avalice, where cats are green, motorcycles drive up walls and monster girls do most of the butt kicking! Freedom Planet is a cartoony, combat-based platform adventure that pits a spunky dragonoid and her friends against an alien attack force. If you downloaded the demo during the limited-time Nindies@Home promotion, you can save 15 percent off your purchase of Freedom Planet until Nov 1. Click here to view a trailer for the game.
- Toto Temple Deluxe – Toto Temple Deluxe is a fast-paced, local-multiplayer king-of-the-hill style game, in which players must steal an egg-laying goat from their friends and try to keep it on their own head for as long as possible. You know, normal stuff. Be the first to grab the explosive goat and keep it long enough for it to detonate near your soon-to-be-dead rivals. Lose the goat and the timer resets. Play as teams or in free-for-all. Click here to watch a trailer for the game.
Virtual Console on Wii U
- River City Ransom – In this much-loved NES classic, free River City from the clutches of Slick and his underlings. Battle it out on the streets solo or with a friend.
Nintendo eShop sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
Nintendo eShop on Wii U
- Spy Chameleon and Rock ‘N Racing Off Road from EnjoyUp are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 29.
- Puzzle Monkeys is more than 60 percent off (reduced from $2.99 to $0.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 22.
- Zumba Fitness World Party is 75 percent off (reduced from $39.99 to $9.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 12.
- Midnight is 25 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to $1.49) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 22.
- Don’t Crash is more than 30 percent off (reduced from $1.49 to $1) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 14.
- Pixel Slime U is more than 30 percent off (reduced from $2.99 to $2) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 14.
- Vector Assault is 20 percent off (reduced from $4.99 to $3.99) starting at 9 a.m. PT on Oct. 5 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 30.
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
Nook’s Homes Drawing Sweepstakes – To celebrate the launch of
the Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer game, we’re hosting a
Nook’s Homes Drawing Sweepstakes event until Oct. 30. You can enter
every week for your chance to win a digital version of Animal
Crossing: Happy Home Designer by sharing your Animal Crossing-themed
fan art on Miiverse! Click here
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Open to legal residents of the US (incl. DC), 13 years or older. Promotion begins 11:00 AM PT on 9/25/15 and ends 11:00 PM PT on 10/30/15. To enter, post your Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer fan art in Miiverse or mail postcard as stated in Official Rules. Twenty-five prize winners will each receive one (1) download code for the Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer game (ARV US $39.99). For Official Rules, visit http://www.nintendo.com/corp/rules/nooks-home-drawing/. Sponsor: Nintendo of America Inc.
Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:
New themes this week include:
- The Legend of Legacy: “The Chibi Adventurers”
- Stealth Inc. II: A Game of Clones is reduced to $9.99 (from $14.99) beginning at 9 a.m. PT on Oct. 1.
- Battleminer is reduced to $5.99 (from $7.99) beginning at 9 a.m. PT on Oct. 1.
Also New This Week:
- The Rivers of Alice: Extended Version (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Gemology (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- VoxelMaker (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Pumped BMX ± (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Chronus Arc (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to the Nintendo eShop on the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, the Nintendo DSi™ Shop for the Nintendo DSi system and the Wii™ Shop Channel for the Wii console.
The Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in the Nintendo eShop on either Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in either Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Network account.
The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points™, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel. The Nintendo DSi Shop offers games and applications and uses Nintendo DSi Points™, which can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop.
Remember that Wii U, Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 2DS and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu or http://www.nintendo.com/3ds.
Note to editors: Nintendo press materials are available at http://press.nintendo.com, a password-protected site. To obtain a login, please register on the site.