VANCOUVER, British Columbia--(BUSINESS WIRE)--HUPO 2015--Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, this week will showcase mass spectrometry and chromatography products for use in a range of proteomics research applications. These products and a series of workshops and presentations are among the highlights at the 14th Annual Human Proteome Organization (HUPO) World Congress, Vancouver Convention Center, booth 301.
“The ability to discover and quantify new proteins continues to accelerate at a record pace,” said Ken Miller, vice president of research product marketing, life science mass spectrometry for Thermo Fisher. “This year marks the 10th anniversary of our Orbitrap technology, a key driver of scientific advances in proteomics and allied research fields. At HUPO this week, we celebrate our customers’ success in advancing life science research forward into the next decade and beyond.”
- Proteomics laboratories can benefit from a new nano UHPLC system, with dedicated columns, as a front-end for liquid chromatography mass spectrometry (LC-MS). The new Thermo Scientific EASY-nLC 1200 system, with an increased pressure capacity of 1200 bar, is designed to provide effortless separation performance and high-throughput capacity. A new 75 cm Thermo Scientific Acclaim PepMap nanoLC column uses the 1200 bar pressure capability to provide higher peak capacity for increased sensitivity and resolution.
- Making its HUPO debut, the new Thermo Scientific Orbitrap Fusion Lumos Tribrid Mass Spectrometer is the newest addition to the line of pioneering Thermo Scientific Orbitrap Tribrid mass spectrometers. Designed to expand researchers’ capabilities in advanced proteomics and metabolomics applications, the system provides state-of-the-art performance for protein ID and differential analysis, data-independent acquisition (DIA), and protein structure studies, including top-down analyses. The Orbitrap Fusion Lumos Tribrid has the industry’s highest level of sensitivity, delivering complete protein sequence coverage with unprecedented speed.
- The new Thermo Scientific ProSwift C4 RP-5H column improves the speed and resolution of protein separations by LC-MS. Based on a C4 monolithic structure, this new column can be operated over a wide range of flow rates and offers superior performance for fast, high-resolution LC-MS separations for protein identification, biomarker discovery, and systems biology applications.
- Applications are now being accepted for the 2016 Thermo Scientific Tandem Mass Tag (TMT) Research Awards. The annual award recognizes excellence in proteomics and includes grant awards of up to $10,000 in tandem mass tagging and other related sample preparation reagents that are designed to streamline and standardize global protein expression studies using mass spectrometry. For more information, see www.thermofisher.com/tmtgrant.
Featured Sessions and Posters Presented by Thermo Fisher Scientists and Collaborators:
Monday, Sept. 28, 2015
- Truly Sustainable Biobanking: A Call to Action. Presented by Erik Steinfelder at 7:30 a.m.
- Confident, Automated and Quantitative N-Glycoproteomics Analysis in Exome Samples. Presented by Scott Peterman at 11:10 a.m.
- Comparison and Combination of Search Engines to Discover and Characterize Identifications and PTM Signatures in Biology. Presented by Xiaoyue Jiang at 2:30 p.m.
Wednesday, Sept. 30, 2015
- Top-Down, High-Throughput Proteomics of Allergens using Complementary MS/MS Fragmentation Strategies. Presented by Daniel Lopez-Ferrer at 11:10 a.m.
For more information about Thermo Fisher Scientific at HUPO 2015, click here.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.