DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ktmwp3/virtual_reality) has announced the addition of the "Virtual Reality for Enterprise and Industrial Markets" report to their offering.
According to a new report, commercial sector revenue from VR headsets, other VR equipment, VR content, and content creation tools will reach nearly $4.5 billion by 2020, up from just $114 million in 2014. The market intelligence firm forecasts that the highest-potential application markets are virtual prototyping, 3D modeling, training, and simulation. Other key markets will include medical, academia, research & development, and marketing and advertising.
This report provides global market forecasts for the period from 2014 through 2020 for annual unit shipments and associated revenues for VR hardware and content in the enterprise and industrial sectors. The analysis covers HMDs, along with other VR equipment such as motion capture cameras, displays and projectors, hand tracking devices, and locomotion devices, as well as software applications and content creation tools. Data is segmented by five major regions (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East & Africa) and eight different application markets are examined (academia and research & development, marketing and advertising, medical, retail, travel and tourism, training and simulation, virtual prototyping/3D modelling and others).
Key Questions Addressed:
- How large is the market for enterprise and industrial VR hardware and content?
- How will the market be segmented by product type, application, and world region?
- How will this market grow in the coming years and what factors will drive this growth?
- Which factors could inhibit growth during the forecast period?
- What are the main technology trends and issues in the enterprise and industrial VR market?
- Who are the leading providers of enterprise and industrial VR technology and how do their go-to-market strategies differ?
Who Needs This Report?
- VR headset manufacturers
- VR accessory manufacturers
- Mobile device manufacturers
- GPU and CPU suppliers
- Software and application developers
- Systems integrators
- Enterprise and industrial VR end-user organizations
- Investor community
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Issues
2.2. Scope of Study
2.3. Product Type Definitions
2.4. Enterprise and Industrial Applications
2.5. Geographic Segmentation
2.6. Key Drivers of Growth
2.7. Inhibitors of Market Growth
2.8. Business Models
3. Technology Issues
3.3. Hardware Components
3.4. Wireless Connectivity Technologies
3.5. Local Warping
3.6. Local Rendering
3.7. Sensor Accuracy
3.8. Field of View
3.9. Realistic Graphics
3.10. 3D Audio
3.11. Other Senses
4. Key Industry Players
4.2. Design Agencies
4.3. HMD Manufacturers
4.4. Software Developers
5. Market Forecasts
5.2. Data Collection and Forecast Overview
5.3. Forecast Methodology
5.4. Top-Level Annual Unit Shipments and Revenues
5.5. Enterprise and Industrial VR Market by Product Type
5.6. Enterprise and Industrial VR Market by Geographic Region
5.7. Enterprise and Industrial VR Market Revenues by Application
5.8. Conclusions and Recommendations
6. Company Directory
7. Acronym and Abbreviation List
8. Table of Contents
9. Table of Charts and Figures
10. Scope of Study, Sources and Methodology, Notes
- Augmented Pixels
- Brightline Interactive
- Cubicle Ninjas
- EON Reality
- Facebook (Oculus VR)
- Rewind FX
- TRIVISIO Prototyping
- Unity Technologies
- Vicon Motion Systems
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ktmwp3/virtual_reality