DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/xv3chn/cloud_and_the_car) has announced the addition of the "Cloud and the Car - Use Cases, Business Models, and Impact Analysis" report to their offering.
The research service discusses the key trends and use cases relevant to cloud computing and automotive ecosystem. It identifies the key areas that offer scope for essential technology innovation and discusses cloud-based solutions specific to the automotive industry. Cloud-based connected car solutions, which are now an integral part of the Internet of Things, are no longer a black box offering a suite of safety and security services; they are a confluence of smartphone integration, cloud connectivity, infrastructure connectivity, and vehicle-to-vehicle connectivity, supported by a range of comfort, convenience, entertainment, vehicle ownership, and safety related services.
Ecosystem Point of View
- In 2015, OEMs, suppliers, and dealers are starting to collaborate with technology companies for faster innovation, scalability, and flexibility.
Use Case POV
- In 2015, ERP, Office Suite, CRM, and training remain the key services enabling cloud adoption Primarily SaaS based.
- By 2020, cloud solutions will be widely used for high performance computing (HPC), autonomous vehicles, connected cars, Big Data, predictive analytics, and so on. This indicates a move towards PaaS and IaaS.
- In 2015, partners are using public and private clouds over hybrid clouds.
- By 2020, hybrid cloud will play a pivotal role as future use cases (autonomous vehicles, 3D printing, connected cars, and so on) will require the mixed benefits derived from private and public cloud environments. For autonomous vehicles, Big Data and predictive analysis along with precise and constantly updated road data will open up new avenues of personalised services.
Key Topics Covered
- Executive Summary
- Research Scope, Objectives, Background, and Methodology
- Automotive Cloud - Definition, Services Models, and Types
- Cloud Computing and Passenger Vehicle OEMs
- Cloud Computing and Dealers
- Cloud Computing and Suppliers
- Automotive Cloud Computing - Future Use Cases
- Key Conclusions
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/xv3chn/cloud_and_the_car