LOWELL, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Persivia, a company dedicated to providing the healthcare industry with cutting-edge precision medicine and chronic care management solutions, today announced that it has completed the transaction to acquire IHM Services Company (“IHM”), a leading provider of clinical intelligence solutions for hospitals. The combined organization will provide hospitals and providers with an unmatched portfolio of innovative, highly scalable solutions that drive positive clinical and financial outcomes for hospitals across the U.S.
“This is a very strategic merger as both companies are very complementary in technology offerings and therefore uniquely qualified to provide the best solutions on the market for infection control as well as medication, quality and chronic care management,” said Mansoor Khan, Chief Executive Officer of Persivia.
Persivia’s award-winning portfolio in the ambulatory care market includes Clinical Decision Support, Meaningful Use CQMs for Eligible Providers, Population Analytics, Chronic Care Management, and Infection Control and Medication Management. These solutions combine to take into account all clinical, claims, behavior, consumer, genomics and proteomic patient data to provide a quantum improvement in quality management, risk stratification, earlier interventions, and cost control. The merger with IHM allows for the addition of inpatient care solutions to bring the complete picture of care quality to their existing hospital clients that include 200 implementations and over 15,000 ambulatory physician users.
Persivia’s comprehensive offerings are EHR agnostic, based on a single SaaS platform and include:
- Quality Measure Solution: Provides a solution for electronic submission of Meaningful Use CQMs for both Eligible Providers and Eligible Hospitals, Inpatient Quality Reporting, and the Joint Commission reporting. With extensive data auditing capabilities the MU Solution provides hospitals and providers with the capabilities to quickly implement the tools needed for reporting and management of critical quality metrics.
- Clinical Surveillance Solution: This real-time solution provides industry-leading infection control and medication management including antimicrobial stewardship. It is designed help infection control officers to track investigate and report on reportable infections. Our flexible rules editor enables infection control personnel to not only prevent Hospital-Acquired Infections (HAIs), but to identify those at risk of new infections and take appropriate action in real-time to reduce adverse events, optimize treatment, improve outcomes and reduce unnecessary costs.
- Real-time Clinical Decision Support Solution (CDS): Our best-in-class CDS tools enable physicians and hospitals to deliver safe, efficient and effective care to their patients. Our clinical team has rigorously maintained a set of over 30,000 patient specific evidence-based rules triggered on hundreds of different clinical, demographic, and utilization parameters. Each alert is scored, prioritized, and automatically directed to the treating clinician in the manner they most prefer, either as a real-time alert or an on-demand report. Our solution offers patient-specific, not just diagnosis-specific, order sets to enable hospitals to manage clinical and financial risk. When combined with our population and patient analytics, we enable providers to easily identify which interventions and reminders are most effective.
Population Health Management Solution: Provides actionable
information to improve clinical, financial and operational
performance. By identifying clinical interventions, forecasting
revenue, and segmenting patient populations, we are able to help
hospitals streamline their operations, mitigate risks, and improve
quality of care for patients.
This solution includes tools, reports and services for:
- Chronic Care Management and
- Network Performance Management.
- Concurrent Insight Solution (CI): Enables hospitals to accurately report on the care quality of their patients while they are still in the bed. CI enables concurrent patient review and the automation of care gap analysis. We gather data from multiple sources and compare the data against the established evidence-based guidelines and benchmarks.
Also of note, Persivia’s impending release of a Bundled Payment Management and Analytics solution for CCJR (Current Concepts in Joint Release) will allow hospitals to be ready to manage this critical need as soon as it becomes mandatory on January 1, 2016.
"Together the companies will have some of the most innovative, well-respected, and robust offerings in the infection control, chronic care management and quality improvement markets." said Keith Hagen, IHM Chief Executive Officer. “This combination offers significant value to our shareholders, our joint clients and our employees."
About IHM Services:
IHM is the leading provider of clinical intelligence solutions for hospitals. The company’s meaningful use and clinical reporting solutions help hospitals achieve compliance with federal P4P programs and provide them with daily, actionable information to improve care, quality, and outcomes. IHM Services has been managing clinical quality data for over 10 years and knows how to transform it into actionable information for improved healthcare delivery. By combining IHM’s proprietary mapping and clinical intelligence with evidence-based guidelines, hospitals have access to relevant and timely clinical information needed to improve compliance and performance.
We specialize in chronic care management. Our solutions are designed to help organizations streamline their operations, mitigate risks, and improve quality of care. Persivia delivers intelligent and actionable information that can help to improve patient care, enable better care coordination and provide innovative approaches to clinical analytics and population health. Our customers include hospitals, healthcare providers, payers, EHR companies, systems integrators and government entities. Based in Lowell, Mass., the Company was formed by a team of physicians and healthcare IT professionals that are dedicated to the principles of precision medicine and to leverage industry-leading technology that could address the growing need of managing populations with chronic conditions. Additional information about the Company and its solutions are available at www.persivia.com.