SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Twitch, the world’s leading social video platform and community for gamers, today announced new exhibitors and an array of creative competitive exhibitions and compelling presentations at TwitchCon 2015.
Among the unique events at TwitchCon 2015, is the debut of the Twitch Fight Night series. These are the following competitions which involve Twitch and its community in fun and compelling ways:
- Founder Faceoff: In this battle of the brass, Twitch CEO and founder Emmett Shear will take on Blizzard president and co-founder Mike Morhaime in Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft. You can’t have a match this size without commentators and coaches, so be prepared for special guests.
- VGCW (Video Game Championship Wrestling): VGCW is known for customized character wrestling matches, so expect some familiar looking competitors.
- Super Smash Bros. Exhibition featuring Twitch versus Red Bull: Twitch and Red Bull love Smash and want to throw a competition together, but have one dilemma. They can’t agree where to have the event. To settle the score, SF-based Twitch are battling LA-based Red Bull in a Super Smash Bros. Exhibition Match, where the winning office chooses the location of a $10,000 prize-pool Super Smash Bros. event (NorCal vs SoCal).
TwitchCon 2015 will also have a number of other competitions and newly announced exhibitors as part of the festivities, including:
- WorldGaming: In tandem with the World Series of Video Games, WorldGaming are conducting a grand prize giveaway exclusive to event attendees. The winner will be presented with an all-expenses paid 7-day trip for two to the Maldives to witness the Grand Finals of WSVG happening October 5th-10th; a prize valued at an estimated $20,000. For registration information, visit their blog. WorldGaming is also hosting the “Chill Out Charge UP" lounge featuring device charging stations and giveaways. Visitors will have the chance to play with special guests, participate in live head-to-head challenges, win gaming hardware, DLC and giveaways every hour on the hour for games like Hearthstone, StarCraft II, NBA 2K16, and FIFA 16.
- H1Z1 Invitational: This is an opportunity for players and Twitch personalities who qualified from Daybreak Game’s H1Z1 Road to TwitchCon contest to come together with one goal in mind: to take each other out and be the best of the best in the ultimate survival mode—PLAYERUNKNOWN’s Battle Royale. The prize pool is currently in excess of $125,000!
- Rock Band 4 Broadcaster Battle of the Bands: Rock Band 4 developers, Harmonix, are hosting this epic music battle, pitting top Twitch broadcasters against each other. But this isn’t a typical race for high score: contestants will also be judged on their stage performance.
- Hi-Rez Studios: Their recently announced Paladins will be playable at TwitchCon 2015 for the first time in the U.S. Paladins is a fantasy, team based FPS with progression using collectible cards. Visitors to Booth 427 can get hands-on with the Paladins demo and walk away with a code for early access. In addition, within the Indie Game Garage is Hi-Rez Studios’ upcoming mobile game called Jetpack Fighter. Jetpack Fighter is a swipe-to-attack high speed platformer with gear progression that will be playable for the first time in public.
- HTC: Allowing users to traverse and explore a virtual world, the HTC Vive with SteamVR is a first of a kind virtual reality system that enables “360° room-scale VR.” It also features wireless controllers designed specifically for VR interaction. HTC will be showing demos including titles from WEVR, Radial Games & Northway Games, Skillman and Hackett, and Valve.
- Blizzard Entertainment: As part of Twitch CEO/founder Emmett Shear's keynote presentation, Blizzard Entertainment will be revealing brand new content live for StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void.
- Cartoon Network Games: Venture into the Land of Ooo with an all-new, first-of-its-kind experience from Cartoon Network Games.
- Oculus: Come experience the latest games and content available on Samsung Gear VR.
Throughout TwitchCon 2015, there will be a number of stage presentations from exhibitors and community members, including the following:
- Partner Spotlight with LetsGetLexi and Hunter Pence: Broadcasting Partner Alexis “LetsGetLexi” Cozombolidis and host on CSN’s Covering Your Bases is joined by Hunter Pence, an equally avid gamer and San Francisco Giants’ three time all-star outfielder, to talk about regularly broadcasting together and their overall experience on Twitch.
- Twitch Tech Talk with Amazon Games Studios: Mike Frazzini, VP, Amazon Games, and Patrick Gilmore, Studio Head, Double Helix take the stage with moderator Marcus “djWHEAT” Graham to delve into community-driven gaming.
- Twitch Tech Talk with Intel: This presentation focuses on getting the most out of Intel’s latest technology, from creating a virtual green screen to eking out the maximum performance from your Intel CPU. The demo will also include the advantages of overclocking and hardware transcoding, as well as important things to look out for when building your desktop or choosing the right notebook for broadcasting.
- New Media Brands: Nerdist, Geek and Sundry, SourceFed and The Attack are among the notable content creator-driven media outlets taking the stage.
For a list of other TwitchCon 2015 events and exhibitors, check out our exhibitor page.
TwitchCon 2015 Visitor and Viewer Resources
- Official TwitchCon App: Because TwitchCon 2015 has a lot to see and do, the Official TwitchCon App is a comprehensive guidebook that will make planning easy. It is available for download on Amazon with versions for Android and iOS devices.
- TwitchCon Events Page: TwitchCon 2015 will have a live presence throughout the event. To see what is happening, visit the TwitchCon Events page on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/event/twitchcon
TwitchCon 2015 Giveaways
- Exclusive Shirts: The first 1000 visitors on each day of the show will receive a limited edition t-shirt.
- Virtual Xbox Swag: TwitchCon attendees and viewers will be able to unlock an exclusive digital item for their Xbox One avatar. Registered attendees will get a TwitchCon hoodie and viewers will get a TwitchCon shirt. More details to come!
TwitchCon 2015 is taking place September 25th-26th at the Moscone West convention center in San Francisco and is the first ever convention dedicated to Twitch’s community of partners, broadcasters, and viewers. To be kept in the loop with all TwitchCon news, follow the TwitchCon Twitter feed and sign up at TwitchCon.com to receive updates. For general Twitch news, visit the Twitch blog, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook pages.
Twitch is the world’s leading social video platform and community for gamers. Each month, more than 100 million community members gather to watch and talk about video games with more than 1.5 million broadcasters. Twitch’s video platform is the backbone of both live and on-demand distribution for the entire video game ecosystem. This includes game developers, publishers, media outlets, events, user generated content, and the entire esports scene. In February 2014, Twitch was ranked the 4th largest website in terms of peak Internet traffic in the U.S., fortifying the brand as an entertainment industry leader and the epicenter of social video for gamers. For more information visit the Twitch website and the blog.