NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--As consumer and corporate concern about data privacy escalates, Personal BlackBox™ (PBB) is preparing for a Fall launch as the first data relationship company giving consumers personal data independence. The company announced today that it finalized its board of directors with the addition of Samsung’s new Chief Marketing Officer, Marc Mathieu.
Mathieu recently joined Samsung Corporation’s US mobile division, as chief marketing officer, based in New York and brings nearly two decades of brand strategy and corporate responsibility to the PBB team. Prior to Samsung, Mathieu was senior vice president of global marketing at Unilever as the number two executive in charge of brand messaging. He previously spent 12 years as a senior marketing vice president at Coca-Cola where he launched Coke Zero. While at Unilever, he helped lead the recent global corporate branding effort and strategy called “Crafting Brands for Life,” which emphasized sustainability, transparency and trust. One goal was to double the business, while reducing the environmental impact.
“It’s an exciting time to join the Personal BlackBox board of directors,” said Mathieu. “The PBB mobile marketing platform lets brands create a deeper, more transparent, data relationship with consumers while creating value for the exchange of data and greater integrity through an iron clad security promise.”
“With the addition of Marc to our board, we have a well-rounded team of advisors and innovators to propel Personal BlackBox into the market,” said Haluk Kulin, founder and CEO of the company. “We’re creating a new, powerful secure marketing platform for companies, from consumer goods to insurance, to deliver compelling data and, most importantly, security for both businesses and people.”
Mathieu joins the following members of the PBB board of directors:
- Haluk Kulin, Founder and CEO of Personal BlackBox: Kulin is the visionary who drives Personal BlackBox, founding the company when he recognized the urgent need for personal data independence. With his first-hand experience at Unilever using data to grow billion dollar global brands, Haluk has a vision to make a positive social impact through personal data independence.
- Nell Merlino, Chairwoman of the PBB Trust: Merlino has mobilized more than 20 million people in movements to promote women’s economic independence. She created “Take Our Daughters to Work Day,” started Count Me In and launched Make Mine a Million with Hillary Clinton.
- Geoff Stanley, Chairman: Stanley brings 30 years experience in capital markets with major global institutions and was ranked #1 in equity analysis. He will lead all aspects of the PBB board including strategy, governance, financial, and operational planning.
- Wendy Markus Webb, Director: Markus Webb is CEO of Kestrel Advisors, a firm providing strategic planning, e-commerce, digital marketing, and investor relations to consumer-branded clients. She has worked with global brands including Disney and Ticketmaster and serves on the board of Jack in the Box and PetSmart Charities.
- Bruce Mau, Director: World-leading visionary, innovator, designer and author, Bruce Mau’s 25 years in design innovation have included collaborations including Coca-Cola, McDonald’s, and the Panama Museum of Biodiversity, among others. Mau uses design as a method to produce the future and develop purposeful projects to create positive change in business, education, health, leadership and security.
- Ned Cloonan, Director: Following an extensive career at the Board and C-suite level in the insurance industry, Ned now consults and speaks on forming effective partnerships for U.S. and foreign business expansion.
PBB is a platform built to deliver the next generation of secure tools. It helps companies establish better, more valuable data relationships with their consumers in a way that reduces the data risk and liabilities for both. Each PBB app, web service or program developed on the platform provides individual consumers with a safe data relationship without trade-offs on privacy or control.
For the consumer, the PBB application is designed for people to have full control, privacy and benefit of their data. Through PBB and the Personal Data Independence framework, people are finally able to own their data and bring better health, greater wealth and knowledge to their lives based on the access they will now have from their data.
The PBB Trust and the Public Benefit Corporation are designed to promote and ensure personal data control, privacy and value for PBB members.
Personal BlackBox will debut two new apps this fall. More details will be shared in the coming weeks. To learn more about Personal BlackBox, visit www.pbb.me.
About Personal BlackBox
Personal BlackBox (PBB) is a data relationship company that provides products and services to build transparent, productive and private data relationships between companies and people. Companies are freed of the liability and risks associated with consumer data because the PBB Trust puts ownership and control of personal data in the hands of people. PBB has built an enterprise scale platform that allows companies to build apps and campaigns that connect to consumer data for analysis through a series of APIs - without ever allowing the customer’s data out of the system. PBB, which is a Public Benefit Corporation, operates in tandem with the PBB Trust, an entity designed to safeguard personal data with personal data independence standards, security and new policies. For more information or to join PBB, go to http://www.pbb.me.