DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6j6538/powertrain) has announced the addition of the "Powertrain Control Module (PCM) Market Analysis by Fuel Type (Gasoline, Diesel, Alternative Fuels, CNG, LPG); Vehicle Type (Passenger, Heavy and Light Commercial Vehicles) - Forecast (2015 - 2020)" report to their offering.
Powertrain Control Unit (PCM) is referred to as the brain of the automotive works like the CPU of a computer. It comprises of the Engine Control Unit (ECU) and Transmission Control Unit (TCU). It is called a Motor Control Unit in electric vehicles and Hybrid Control Unit is hybrid vehicles. PCM is basically an electric device which regulates the main functions of the vehicle and directly effects how well the vehicle will perform.
Apart from the ECU and TCU, the PCM is also comprised of some other electronic control units or modules which control the driveshaft and differential. This results in the better RPM of the vehicle and increased efficiency. The sensors and actuators transfer signals to the PCM; the PCM analyses the signals and makes adjustments as and when required to obtain the desired level of working.
The continuous depletion of fossil fuels resources has stressed upon the need to use automobile fuel in a judicious and optimum manner. This has made the PCM an indispensable part of automobile structure and every automobile being manufactured in the world is using PCM as its integral component and thus the market is surging.
End Users are now switching to alternative fuels over fossil fuel automobiles such as CNG, LPG, electric & hybrid vehicles which are cost efficient and less detrimental to environment. For every vehicle they have customized PCMs to cater to the particular requirement for each of these fuel types.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Global Powertrain Control Unit - Market Overview
2. Executive Summary
3. Global Powertrain Control Unit - Market Landscape
4. Global Powertrain Control Unit - Market Forces
5. Global Powertrain Control Unit Market - Strategic Analysis
6. Powertrain Control Unit Market by Fuel Types
7. Powertrain Control Unit Market by Modules
8. Powertrain Control Unit Market by Electronic Components
9. Powertrain Control Unit Market by Vehicle Type
10. Powertrain Control Unit Market by Wheel Drive Types
11. Powertrain Control Unit Market - Geographic Analysis
12. Market Entropy
13. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials, SWOT Analysis, Developments, Product Portfolio)
- Robert Bosch AG
- Continental AG
- Magneti Marelli S.p.A
- Magna Powertrain Inc.
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
- Mitsubishi Electric
- General Motors (AC DELCO)
- Eaton Corp
- Delphi Automotive
- Ricardo Plc.
- AB Volvo
- Hitachi Automotive System
- FTP Industrial
- AVL Engineering Company
- Fijitsu Ten
- Hyundai KEFICO
- Borg Warner
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6j6538/powertrain