DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/jck8xq/dry_powder) has announced the addition of the "Dry Powder Inhalers to 2022" report to their offering.
Developers continue to refine dry powder formulations and the inhalers that will be used to deliver them. The result is dry powder inhalers capable of delivering therapeutic drugs reliably and with minimal patient-to-patient delivery event variation. Several important trends are now evident in this sector. The first is the growing number of new (read NDA) DPI combination products featuring inhaler designs that have been engineered for the drug, therapy and patient population that they target. There has also been a definite tilt toward COPD, the indication specified in two-thirds of the clinical trials for URT initiated since 2013. And inhaled drugs for glycemic control, a market that evaporated with the withdrawal of Exubera, are showing signs of life.
What You Will Learn
- What inhalable drugs are supplied in powder form, how are they marketed, what are the device specifics, and who markets them?
- What inhalable dry powder drugs are in late stage development, who are the developers, and what indications are they targeting?
- What are the major factors driving inhaled dry powder drug/device demand?
- What is the size of the market today, who are the market share leaders, and what will the market share be in 2022?
- How important are drug developer-device manufacturer relationships and what are the key alliances in the industry?
- What are the essential design factors, material selection issues, technologies and market development issues for dry powder inhalation products?
- What are the significant economic, technology, and regulatory factors affecting the market for dry powder inhalers?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Inhaled Drug Delivery Market Dynamics
- Devices and Formulations
- Market Segments and Indications
- Competing Technologies
- Established Therapeutic Targets
- Demographics and Growth
- Market Drivers
- Risk Factors
3. Dry Powder Inhalation Technology
- Dry Powder Formulations
- Dry Powder Particle Technology & Powder Engineering
- Dry Powder Processing
- Dry Powder Packaging
- Emerging Formulations
- Dry Powder Inhalers
- DPI Device Characteristics
- DPI Design Parameters
4. Commercial DPI Device Design Factors
- Dose Form and Capacity
- Dose Variability
- Dispersion Technologies
- Electronics and Patient-friendly Features
5. DPI Device Formulation Factors
- Bulk Reservoir Designs
- Blister Pack/Cartridge Designs
- Drug Capsule Designs
- Fixed Substrate Designs
- Emerging Device Designs
6. DPI Product Assessments and Analysis
- Branded Drug Inhalers
- Generic DPI Inhalers
- Combination Drug Inhalers
7. Therapeutic Market Analysis, Market Data and Forecasts
- Upper Respiratory
- Systemic Indications
- Hereditary Disease
- Infectious Diseases
- Metabolic Conditions
- Pain Management
- Other Systemic Markets
8. Market Factors
- Regulatory Initiatives
- Clinical Trial Endpoints
- Proprietary Technology
9. Company Profiles
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/jck8xq/dry_powder