COLOGNE, Germany--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Adblock Plus, the #1 most popular browser extension for blocking annoying online advertisements with over 400 million downloads, today announced that Adblock Browser for iOS is now available in the App Store for all iOS devices. This is the first app in Apple’s App Store for Adblock Plus.
“Now that we’re in the App Store with Adblock Browser for iOS, all the speculation can end. It has been very important for us to deliver our ad-blocking app to our iOS users who do more and more web surfing from mobile devices,” said Till Faida, co-founder of Adblock Plus. “With the popularity of the iOS platform in places like the US, we considered it critical to offer an app in the Apple App Store. We’re thankful to Apple for working with us on this project and we look forward to their new iOS 9, which will give web developers additional ad-blocking tools. It’s a big step for this industry.”
Studies have shown that blocking ads can save your data and your battery life. Plus, your pages will load faster because the ads do not have to load. Adblock Browser for iOS offers the following features:
1. Safe and private - Lots of nasty stuff like malware and tracking can hide behind ads. In fact, according to a new report, “malvertising” tripled in the last year. Adblock Browser for iOS helps:
- Reduce risk of malware infection
- Enhance your privacy
2. Ad blocking features from Adblock Browser for iOS includes:
- Supporting ads on your favorite website by whitelisting the site
- Changing the default settings to block all ads
- Disabling tracking, malware and social media buttons or add additional filter lists of your choosing
- Multi-language support
3. Easy to use – Adblock Browser for iOS offers the following usability features:
- Intuitive tab functionality (as opposed to the Safari “accordion” style)
- Smoother scrolling vs. Safari
- Easier bookmarking and enhanced keyboard features
Adblock Browser for iOS is based on the Kitt framework for iPhone. For more details visit www.kitt.com.
Adblock Plus is a free download for mobile users on iOS and Android, and a free browser add-on for Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Maxthon and Opera.
- Download the Adblock Browser for iOS app in the Apple App Store.
- Learn about Adblock Browser at https://adblockbrowser.org.
- Visit adblockplus.org to download Adblock Plus for your desktop browser.
- Download the Adblock Browser for Android.
- For information about how to deploy Adblock Plus across a large networks, visit: https://adblockplus.org/en/deployments
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/adblockplus
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/adblockplus
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/adblockplus/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/AdblockPlusOfficial
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/adblock-plus/
About Adblock Plus
Adblock Plus is an open source project that aims to rid the Internet of annoying and intrusive online advertising. Its free web browser extensions (add-ons) put users in control by letting them block or filter which ads they want to see. Users across the world have downloaded Adblock Plus over 400 million times, and it has remained the most downloaded and the most used extension almost continuously since November 2006. PC Magazine named the extension as one of the best free Google Chrome extensions, and it received About.com readers’ choice award for best privacy/security add-on.