PARIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dr. Klaus Werner, RF Energy Alliance’s (RFEA’s) executive director, will present the state of the Alliance during European Microwave Week (EuMW) 2015. Conference attendees may join Dr. Werner and member spokespeople for one of six brief sessions hosted by exhibiting member companies Huber+Suhner, MACOM, NXP Semiconductors and Rogers Corporation.
Audiences will learn about RFEA’s vision, goals and development status of the:
- Q4 2015: RF Amplifier Specification, defining amplifier size, component specifications, cost targets, and paths to efficiencies greater than 65 percent versus standard HPA modules.
- Q1 2016: System Integration Guidelines, defining the small signal RF generator and controls, power supply units (PSUs), thermal parameters, module interfaces and system integration guidelines.
Additional takeaways include power amplifier capabilities and system design overviews, solid-state RF energy’s measurable impact on various applications and standardization importance. The schedule is below.
RFEA also announces four new members:
- Cardiff University: Leading UK university renowned for research excellence in the fields of RF power amplifier design and RF energy applications.
- Comba Telecom: Leading supplier of infrastructure and wireless enhancement solutions that extend mobile operators’ and enterprises’ wireless communication networks.
- RJR Polymers: Industry-leading supplier of air cavity Liquid Crystal Polymer (LCP) electronic packaging and pre-applied epoxies solutions, enabling communications infrastructure, RF Power and RF energy applications with higher frequencies and better thermal performance at an overall lower cost.
- WIN Semiconductors: Leading global provider of pure-play GaAs and GaN wafer foundry services for the wireless, infrastructure and networking markets.
State of the Alliance Presentation Schedule
|Tuesday, 8 September||
11:30 @ NXP
15:00 @ Huber+Suhner
|Wednesday, 9 September||
11:30 @ Rogers Corp.
15:00 @ MACOM
|Thursday, 10 September||
11:30 @ Rogers Corp.
14:00 @ NXP
About The RF Energy Alliance
The RF Energy Alliance (www.rfenergy.org) is dedicated to presenting solid-state RF energy’s true potential as a clean, highly efficient and controllable heat and power source. Members envision a fast-growing, innovative marketplace built around this sustainable technology, contributing to quality of life across many applications.
The Alliance was founded in September 2014 by E.G.O. Elektro-Gerätebau GmbH, Huber+Suhner, ITW, NXP Semiconductors, Rogers Corporation and Whirlpool R&D (Whirlpool Corporation affiliate).