BERLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--QD Vision continues to demonstrate its market leadership in the wide color gamut display market, based on expanding adoption of the company’s quantum dot based Color IQ™ optics. Only a year after announcing the company’s initial collaboration with TCL, QD Vision has built a strong community of industry-leading partners looking to bring stunning wide color gamut technology to the mainstream in both televisions and monitors worldwide. Key milestones include:
12 Months of Industry Firsts Using Color IQ
- Most OEM brands: QD Vision is now partnering with 7 leading television and monitor brands to bring quantum dot-based displays to market globally.
- First curved quantum dot TV: the Hisense 55” ULED K7100 TV is the first curved TV with Color IQ quantum dots.
- Widest color gamut in a commercial TV: TCL’s H9700 TV is the first to achieve full-gamut 110% NTSC color performance.
- World’s first quantum dot monitor: the Philips 27” 276E6ADS is the world’s first quantum dot desktop monitor, delivering pro-grade 99% Adobe RGB color at a mainstream price.
“It’s been a remarkable year for quantum dots’ adoption for color rich displays, and we at QD Vision are grateful to have been at the forefront of has been the catalyst driving the significant advancements we’re seeing in the display industry today,” said Steve Ward, Executive Chairman of QD Vision. “We’ve been at the forefront of the quantum dot movement since Sony first came to market in 2013 with our Color IQ technology, and we continue to lead – and push – the industry with our technological achievements and widespread customer adoption.”
QD Vision is riding this strong wave of momentum into IFA 2015, with products using Color IQ expected to dominate the show floor. Demonstrations will include:
IFA 2015 Color IQ-Based Products and Demonstrations
- Hisense will demonstrate the 55” ULED K7100 TV – the first curved TV to feature QD Vision's Color IQ quantum dot technology – in Hall 6.2, Booth 202. At IFA, Hisense announced it is expanding distribution of the product to South America and South Africa.
- Thomson will debut their 55” 4K UHD TV (Model 55UA9806) for the European market in Hall 21, Booth 102. Like the TCL H9700, this Color IQ-based model is the only TV to achieve over 110% of the NTSC color space (or 85% of the Rec. 2020 color gamut).
- Philips will demonstrate their 27” Full HD quantum dot desktop monitor (276E6ADS) in Hall 22, Booth 101. The E6 is now available throughout Europe.
- Tongfang Global, which markets many of its products under the popular Seiki brand, will debut its 55GDH-A, a 55” 4K Ultra HD Color IQ-based TV in Hall 6.2, Booth 204.
- TCL and CSOT will demonstrate a branded 55” television developed that produces more than 90% of the Rec. 2020 color gamut standard for UHD displays. This display, along with TCL’s 55” and 65” H9700 Color IQ based TVs, will be shown in Hall 21, Booth 102.
To connect with QD Vision at IFA 2015 in Berlin, please contact Michele Dempsey at email@example.com
About QD Vision, Inc.
QD Vision, Inc. is a leader in quantum dot display technology for QLED displays. Quantum dot technology is a superior next-generation alternative to OLED displays, providing unparalleled color representation at a highly competitive LCD cost structure. Color IQ quantum dot technology from QD Vision provides a unique optical component solution capable of delivering “full-gamut” color to the display industry. Founded in 2004, the company has raised more than $100 million in financing from top-tier venture capital firms and is headquartered in Lexington, Massachusetts. http://www.coloriq.com
COLOR IQ, QLED, and QD VISION are trademarks of QD Vision, Inc. The COLOR IQ and QD VISION trademarks are registered in one or more countries.