DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/7kmfth/photonics) has announced the addition of the "Photonics Technologies for ADAS in the Automotive Industry Needs, Challenges, Market Forecasts" report to their offering.
ADAS is one of the most promising segments in terms of economic perspective for photonic technologies manufacturers. Indeed, the market of Photonics in ADAS will grow from around €2.8b in 2014 to around €9b in 2020 with a CAGR 2015-2020 of around 22%. Today limited to few thousands of units per year in the luxury car segment, high-end photonic systems have the potential to reach tens or hundreds of millions units/year thanks to strong cost decreases while keeping high performance abilities.
The demand for considerably fewer accidents has been expressed by a number of stakeholders worldwide. According to the NHTSA, human error is the critical reason in around 90% of all car accidents. (source: NHTSA's 2008 National Motor Vehicle Crash Causation Survey).
The automation of certain driving tasks would help reduce the human error factor and so the number of car crashes. It is the reason why Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) are investigated and implemented in cars.
Photonics is a key enabler of ADAS. Indeed, cameras, combined with non photonic technologies already allowed reliable parking assistance. LIDARs and cameras will enable new functions such as automatic emergency braking. Infrared camera systems or adaptive frontlighting will allow safer driving at night.
This report presents in detail ADAS functions and provides a deep analysis of the photonic technologies available to fulfill these functions.
In this report, a detailed market forecast by technology of Photonics in ADAS from 2013 to 2020 is provided. Adoption rates over years by photonic technology is also presented.
Objectives of the report:
- Detail the use of photonic technologies in automotive applications.
- Understand needs and drivers of the Automotive field regarding the adoption of new technologies.
- Identify opportunities for the implementation of photonic technologies in ADAS.
- Provide current and future adoption rates of photonic technologies in ADAS.
- Demonstrate the potential of photonic technologies in the evolution towards active safety and automated driving.
- Identify key players along the value chain : OEMs, suppliers, components manufacturers.
Key Topics Covered:
2. Automotive, an innovative industry
3. Market of Photonics in Automotive
4. Photonics, an enabler of ADAS
5. Conclusion and remaining challenges
- Advanced Scientific Concepts
- Fraunhofer IZM
- Mesa Imaging
- ON Semiconductor
- PMD Technologies
- ST Microelectronics
- Seoul Semiconductor
- Texas Instruments
- Two Trees Photonics
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/7kmfth/photonics