SCOTTSDALE, Ariz.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Created in 1887, Labor Day honors the achievements of the American workforce. Because labor management solutions from JDA Software Group, Inc. support the efficiency and productivity of millions of employees, JDA today announced new capabilities in version 9.0 that enhance the capabilities of these hard-working solutions.
“In today’s omni-channel, hypercompetitive business environment, employees are a critical asset for every company,” said Tom Kozenski, vice president, solution strategy at JDA Software. “By giving employees the best-in-class tools they need to excel in the workplace — such as task management solutions and mobile dashboard and event management technologies — companies are making an investment in their future success. At JDA, improving productivity continues to be one of our primary areas of focus as we equip our customers to succeed in a tough business landscape. With today’s low unemployment rates, the demand for good, skilled employees is very strong. JDA’s workforce management solutions are geared toward helping our customers become employers of choice by providing them with solutions that support a high performance workforce.”
Two of JDA’s key productivity solutions — JDA® Warehouse Management™ and JDA® Warehouse Labor Management (formerly RedPrairie) — now feature upgraded capabilities that improve workforce communications and productivity:
- JDA Warehouse Management focuses on both user empowerment and operational efficiency. It provides a “control tower” for each employee role, allowing users to handle the most pressing issues in real time while keeping an eye on their day-to-day tasks — resulting in maximum user productivity. A “smart configurator” defines the most efficient workflows for accomplishing tasks, while improved mobility allows managers to respond to business demands both inside and outside the facility, via their own personal devices. JDA Warehouse Management also links to JDA® Supply Chain Executive™, a mobile app that allows executives to view a variety of business metrics in real time, including labor performance.
- JDA Warehouse Labor Management helps customers transform their businesses via a performance-focused culture. It increases workers’ responsibility and accountability for their own performance — and empowers supervisors to become better coaches and mentors. The proven methodology and change management process that underlie this solution are supported by the industry’s best labor-management technologies.
These new JDA labor management capabilities will be highlighted at a series of events in upcoming months, aimed at showcasing the role of the workforce in supply chain success. Learn more about how JDA solutions are amplifying employees’ efforts by attending these informative events:
- September 17, Chicago: JDA Omni-Channel Road Tour: Leveraging Digital & Physical Channels. As retailers are challenged to compete across multiple sales channels, employees can help by delivering superior in-store experience, which is a true differentiator.
- September 19, virtual event: JDA Webinar Featuring Forrester: Digital Disruption Transforming the Physical Store. This online event highlights the way omni-channel competition is transforming brick-and-mortar stores — and changing the role of store associates.
- September 22, Detroit, Mich.: Automotive Logistics Global Conference. JDA is a sponsor of this annual conference, which will highlight the role of the workforce in supporting logistics excellence.
- September 27, San Diego, Calif.: Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSMP) Annual Conference. Labor optimization will be on the agenda at this industry conference focused on supply chain excellence, sponsored by JDA. JDA’s Fab Brasca, vice president, global solution strategy, Intelligent Fulfillment will be speaking on: “Creating Profitable Resiliency: The Next-Generation of Supply Chain Interoperability” on Tuesday, September 29, at 3:45 p.m.
- October 8, New York: JDA Omni-Channel Road Tour: Leveraging Digital and Physical Channels. This continuing road show focuses on the role of employees in creating a seamless and superior in-store experience.
- October 27, Chicago: Armstrong & Associates 3PL Value Creation Summit. JDA is a sponsor of this event, which focuses on 3PL and the supply chain. JDA will highlight labor management at the event, and JDA’s Todd Johnson, global vice president, 3PL business unit, is a panelist on the supply chain mega-trends panel on October 29.
“Labor Day seems an appropriate occasion to emphasize JDA’s commitment to making employees’ work more streamlined, more impactful and more rewarding across the supply chain,” said Kozenski. “In today’s tough economic environment, employees want to contribute in a meaningful way — and their contributions represent one of an organization’s greatest assets in maximizing productivity, delivering outstanding service and earning financial returns. At JDA, we celebrate and support the supply chain workforce every day of the year.”
- Learn more about why every day is labor (management) day at JDA here!
- Download this infographic on labor management and omni-channel success.
- Register for our upcoming events and webcasts here.
About JDA Software Group, Inc.
At JDA, we’re fearless leaders. We’re the leading provider of end-to-end, integrated retail, omni-channel and supply chain planning and execution solutions for more than 4,000 customers worldwide. Our unique solutions empower our clients to reduce costs, increase profitability and improve collaboration so they can deliver on their customer promises every time. Using JDA, you can plan to deliver. www.jda.com
“JDA” is a trademark or registered trademark of JDA Software Group, Inc. Any trade, product or service name referenced in this document using the name “JDA” is a trademark and/or property of JDA Software Group, Inc.