NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Corporate Risk Holdings, LLC (“Corporate Risk Holdings” and, with certain of its affiliates, the “Company”), formerly known as Altegrity, LLC, today announced that its newly-formed Board of Directors has unanimously elected David R. Fontaine as Chief Executive Officer, effective immediately. Jeffrey S. Campbell has been appointed the Company’s President, Chief Financial and Administrative Officer.
“I am excited to lead Corporate Risk Holdings as we embark on a new and promising chapter,” said David Fontaine, Chief Executive Officer. “Jeff and I have a long history of working together and look forward to operating in a manner that reflects our shared commitment to serving our clients with distinction and integrity. By focusing on our core competencies and the strength and opportunity we see at HireRight and Kroll, we are poised to win in the marketplace and deliver long-term, profitable growth. With the unwavering support of our new owners, we will work diligently to deliver significant value for all of our stakeholders, including our clients and employees.”
“I am pleased to join the Board of Directors of Corporate Risk Holdings at such an exciting time in its history,” said Steven Sharpe, Chairman of the Board of Directors. “The selection of the Company’s leadership was an immediate priority for our Board, and we believe, without question, that David Fontaine is an exceptional fit to lead Corporate Risk Holdings. David is a proven leader with a keen appreciation of the challenges and risks our clients face. He has the judgment and vision to operate and execute with enormous success in difficult business environments. Our entire Board looks forward to working with David, Jeff and the leadership team to ensure HireRight and Kroll continue their longstanding success in the markets they serve.”
Mr. Fontaine concluded, “Our new Board comprises a diverse group of individuals, each with a distinguished and proven record of success. They bring tremendous industry and market expertise coupled with outstanding operational and financial knowledge and experience. Several of our Board members have served as CEOs of other successful companies, and all of them share a passion for our businesses. Under this Board’s leadership, we are in a strong position to deliver on our core mission and enhance our focus on our commercial businesses.”
Corporate Risk Holdings’ Board of Directors is composed of the following individuals:
- Steven Sharpe: Mr. Sharpe is Managing Director of The EmBeSa Corporation, a private consultancy focused on corporate restructuring and business strategy, and Chairman of the Board of Directors of Madalena Energy Inc. Previously, Mr. Sharpe served as Chairman of the Board of Directors of Longview Oil Corp. (as well as its Interim-CEO), Chairman of Advantage Oil and Gas, a director and Chairman of the Special Committee of Renegade Petroleum Ltd., a director and CEO of C.A. Bancorp, Inc. and Chairman and CEO of Prime Restaurants Royalty Income Fund. Mr. Sharpe has also held numerous executive management roles including Co-Managing Partner and Senior Advisor of Blair Franklin Capital Partners, Inc., the Toronto-based investment bank, which he co-founded in 2003, and Chief Restructuring Officer of a number of private entities located across North America. Prior to founding Blair Franklin, Mr. Sharpe was Executive Vice President of The Kroll-O'Gara Company. A lawyer by training, Mr. Sharpe was a partner with Davies, Ward & Beck and began his legal career with Torys LLP in Toronto.
- Alfred T. Mockett: Mr. Mockett is an accomplished business leader with more than 30 years of experience in executive and non-executive roles across global technology, telecommunications and professional services companies. Most recently, Mr. Mockett served as Chief Executive Officer and a member of the Board of Directors of Dex One Corporation, a leading marketing solutions company. In addition, Mr. Mockett currently serves as Chairman of Hibu Group Limited, a provider of online marketing solutions and websites to small and medium-sized enterprises. Mr. Mockett’s extensive experience includes executive management and strategic decision-making roles with Motive, Inc., American Management Systems, BT Group (formerly British Telecom), and Memorex Telex.
- Andrew Prozes: Mr. Prozes currently serves as Executive Chairman of Alert Global Media Holdings, LLC (ACAMS) and Executive Chairman of Scribestar Limited. He also serves on the Boards of Transunion, Interactive Data Corp (IDC), Asset International, Synaptive, and Ethoca. He also serves on the Board and chairs the Human Resources & Compensation Committee for Cott Corporation, a public company listed on the NYSE and TSE. He chairs the Compensation Committees for both Transunion, listed on NYSE, and Ethoca. Mr. Prozes served on the Board of Directors of Reed Elsevier PLC and Reed Elsevier NV from 2000 until December 2010. He also served as the Chief Executive Officer of LexisNexis Group Inc. from 2000 until 2010. Prior to joining Reed Elsevier, Mr. Prozes served as Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of West Group, part of the Thomson Reuters Corporation, from 1997 to 2000. Mr. Prozes is a past Chairman of The US Information Industry Association and has served on the Boards of the Information Technology Association of Canada and the Canadian Newspaper Association. He is also a director of the National Executive Service Corps (NESC). Mr. Prozes joined Southam Inc. in 1988, then Canada’s largest newspaper companies, as President, City Newspapers and New Media.
- David L. Resnick: Mr. Resnick is President, Chief Investment Officer for Third Avenue Management LLC. In a career spanning three decades, Mr. Resnick has played a leading role in numerous complex financial transactions, with an emphasis on institutional investments, mergers and acquisitions, restructuring and recapitalizations. Mr. Resnick joined Third Avenue from Rothschild Inc., where he served as Chairman of Global Financing Advisory and previously, Co-Head of Investment Banking for North America. Earlier in his career, Mr. Resnick founded and headed the restructuring group for Peter J. Solomon Company, and focused on restructuring and mergers and acquisitions at both Lazard Frères & Co. and Merrill Lynch & Co.
- Thomas P. Staudt: Mr. Staudt has extensive experience in the private equity arena and has served in an executive leadership capacity for numerous companies in the financial services, healthcare, technology and insurance space. Mr. Staudt is currently on the Board of Directors of Albert Uster Imports, Inc. and, most recently, was the Chief Executive Officer of Global Collect B.V., a global leader in international payment processing. Previously, Mr. Staudt was a Senior Operating Executive with Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe and an Executive-in-Residence with Great Hill Partners. For nearly two decades, Mr. Staudt has had a record of success in generating and delivering value for all stakeholders, including his leadership at Ruesch International, Inc., Source Medical, BenefitPort, and Card Establishment Services Corporation (ultimately sold to First Data Corporation).
About David R. Fontaine
David Fontaine has held senior leadership roles and served as the Chief Legal Officer, Chief Risk Officer, Chief Administrative Officer and Corporate Secretary for several public and private companies, including Travelex Global Business Payments, Inc., American Management Systems, Inc. and Proxicom, Inc. Before moving into a corporate executive role, Mr. Fontaine was a partner at the highly respected Washington, D.C. litigation firm of Miller, Cassidy, Larroca and Lewin, LLP, practicing primarily in the areas of white-collar defense and commercial litigation. Immediately after law school, he served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Stanley Sporkin, U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, and later as a law clerk to the Honorable Thomas J. Meskill, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
Mr. Fontaine earned his Juris Doctor from the Yale Law School in New Haven, Connecticut, and is a Phi Beta Kappa graduate of Trinity College in Hartford, Connecticut. He is admitted to the legal practice in Connecticut, the District of Columbia, New York and Virginia.
About Corporate Risk Holdings, LLC
Corporate Risk Holdings is a global leader in diversified risk and information services headquartered in New York, NY. Corporate Risk Holdings is the parent company of HireRight, a leading global provider of employment background screening and eligibility solutions, and Kroll, a leading global provider of risk and technology-enabled services and solutions. Additional information about Corporate Risk Holdings is available at corprisk.com.
This press release may contain “forward-looking statements.” These forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, statements regarding the Company’s performance and growth, and other non-historical statements. Forward-looking statements identify prospective information. Important factors could cause actual results to differ, possibly materially, from those stated in the forward-looking statements. In some cases you can identify forward-looking statements by words such as “anticipate,” “believe,” “could,” “estimate,” “expect,” “intend,” “may,” “plan,” “predict,” “potential,” “should,” “will” and “would” or the negatives thereof, variations thereof or other similar words. You should read statements that contain these words carefully because they discuss the Company’s future priorities, goals, strategies, actions to improve business performance, market growth assumptions and expectations, future business opportunities, capital expenditures, financing needs, financial position and other information that is not historical information or state other “forward-looking” information. Forward-looking statements should not be read as a guarantee of future performance or results, and will not necessarily be accurate indications of the times at, or by which, such performance or results will be achieved. Forward-looking information is based on information available at the time and/or management's good faith belief with respect to future events, and is subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual performance or results to differ materially from those expressed in the statements. Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date the statements are made. The Company assumes no obligation to update forward-looking statements to reflect actual results, changes in assumptions or changes in other factors affecting forward-looking information except to the extent required by applicable securities laws. If the Company does update one or more forward-looking statements, no inference should be drawn that the Company will make additional updates with respect thereto or with respect to other forward-looking statements.