SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Alexander Law Group, LLP has filed a lawsuit (Case No. 115CV284916) against R&B star Chris Brown and the Fiesta Nightclub in San Jose on behalf of one of the five victims who were shot and seriously injured during “Chris Brown’s Capricorn Bash” early on January 11, 2015.
At the “Bash,” gunfire broke out in the over-sold club and Paul Briley, age 22, a college student, received a permanent injury caused by a bullet wound to his foot.
The lawsuit alleges that:
- it was highly probable that the “Bash” would pose a danger to the safety of party attendants, including the Plaintiff;
- shooting incidents has occurred at similar concerts hosted by Brown under similar circumstances within six months before the Plaintiff was shot;
- at least four or more violent events and/or shootings occurred at the Fiesta Nightclub within a year before the Plaintiff was shot;
- in August 2009 Brown was sentenced to five years of probation for beating his girlfriend;
- in June 2012 Brown and his body guards were involved in a violent altercation in New York;
- in August 2014, during a party hosted by Brown, gun shots were fired at the 10AK nightclub in Los Angeles;
- in September 2014 there was a stabbing at Supperclub in Hollywood after Brown performed which led to the Los Angeles Police Department's attempt to ban Brown and his entourage from all nightclubs in the Los Angeles area;
- from 2009 through 2015 Brown demonstrated contempt for the law by violating probation, leaving California without Court permission and committing acts of violence;
- from 2011 through 2015 Brown’s public appearances were marked by violence, establishing a reasonable likelihood of violence at Brown events and confirming the hallmark of a Brown event would foreseeably be a wake of violence, guns and/or shootings.
“This shooting should never have happened,” said attorney Richard Alexander. “Brown’s managers and the concert promoters know that violence follows in Brown's wake. Chris Brown controlled the terms on which he would work, right down to the food and beverages in his dressing room. He can and should demand the same level of security for his fans as his bodyguards provide for him.”
About Alexander Law Group, LLP
Alexander Law Group, LLP is a nationally recognized, award-winning personal injury law firm with offices in San Jose and San Francisco, California. The attorneys of the Alexander Law Group have decades of experience with outstanding results litigating difficult and complex cases against major insurance companies, large corporations, public and government entities. www.alexanderinjury.com