SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Riverbed Technology, the leader in application performance infrastructure, today announced that it will demonstrate at VMworld 2015 in booth #2411 how businesses can navigate today’s complex hybrid IT environments and overcome availability, latency, and security issues to deliver agility to the business and maximum application performance to users in any location.
Moscone Center, San Francisco
August 30 – September 3, 2015
In today’s hybrid IT world, the ever-increasing mobility of end users, adoption of cloud services, and use of the Internet to complement MPLS links are reshaping business and enterprise IT. This hybrid environment spans on-premises and cloud apps as well as public and private networks. IT leaders must develop strategies to support traditional infrastructure while also rolling out their own cloud services, and provide support to mobile users accessing shadow applications that IT does not control while also leveraging the Internet to expand the available paths for application delivery.
At VMworld 2015, Riverbed, the leader in application infrastructure, together with VMware technology, will provide on-site demos on how businesses can overcome these challenges in the hybrid enterprise with the Riverbed Application Performance Platform to achieve:
- Visibility: See every application and everything that impacts its performance – code, network, user experience – for capacity planning, to detect and fix issues instantly, and to orchestrate app delivery
- Optimization: Accelerate delivery of all applications and data to users in any location
- Control: Steer apps over the right network with the right priority and security for maximum performance and lowest total cost of ownership (TCO)
DEMONSTRATIONS (Booth #2411)
Optimizing vCloud Air
With Riverbed SteelHead CX, certified for vSphere and vCloud Air, businesses can deliver maximum application performance regardless of location – on-premises vSphere infrastructure or vCloud Air environments. With SteelHead in virtualized infrastructure VMware admins can:
- Increase application performance up to 100x
- Reducing bandwidth by up to 97%
Visibility & Control for NSX
Today’s highly virtualized software-defined data centers are more automated and agile than ever before. VMware NSX has extended the benefits of virtualization to the network. Riverbed SteelCentral provides visibility into all networks, including VMware NSX. With Riverbed, VMware admins can proactively monitor and troubleshoot virtual and physical network performance with a single solution. With Riverbed SteelCentral VMware admins can:
- Scale application delivery infrastructure across VMware vSphere virtualized server hosts
- Analyze and troubleshoot the performance of critical sessions or channel actions in VMware View environments
- Troubleshoot VMware NSX virtualized networks faster with visibility into overlay protocols
Branch Provisioning & Recovery and Distributed VDI Optimization
Each time a company adds additional office locations, it also adds expensive hardware and support challenges for IT. By providing a Virtual Services Platform (VSP) based on VMware’s vSphere, Riverbed SteelFusion extends the power of virtualization to all branch offices and remote locations, eliminating the risk of data in unsafe places without compromising performance at the front lines of business. The SteelFusion VSP allows virtualization teams to deliver critical services such as network, security, VDI, and others to branch/edge locations while centrally managing and controlling these services in the datacenter. With Riverbed SteelFusion VMware admins can:
- Enable the business to stay agile with instant provisioning of branch applications and services
- Achieve unprecedented business continuity with instant branch recovery
- Consolidate infrastructure - no servers, no storage, and no backup are needed in the branch
- Achieve complete data security and full visibility as all services are centrally managed from the datacenter
- Deliver LAN performance for VMware Horizon View virtual desktops over the WAN
- Ensure applications perform as if hosted locally
Connect with Riverbed
Riverbed, at more than $1 billion in annual revenue, is the leader in Application Performance Infrastructure, delivering the most complete platform for the hybrid enterprise to ensure applications perform as expected, data is always available when needed, and performance issues can be proactively detected and resolved before impacting business performance. Riverbed enables hybrid enterprises to transform application performance into a competitive advantage by maximizing employee productivity and leveraging IT to create new forms of operational agility. Riverbed’s 25,000+ customers include 97% of both the Fortune 100 and the Forbes Global 100. Learn more at www.riverbed.com.
Riverbed and any Riverbed product or service name or logo used herein are trademarks of Riverbed Technology, Inc. All other trademarks used herein belong to their respective owners.