PRINCETON, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Heartland Payment Systems (NYSE:HPY), one of the nation’s largest payment processors, today announced it has been named the top company to sell for by Selling Power magazine. This 2015 achievement marks the eighth consecutive year Heartland has received a top five distinction on Selling Power’s “50 Best Companies to Sell For” ranking and the fifth time Heartland has received the top spot.
Selling Power has compiled the list for 15 years and evaluates companies based on three broad areas of customer growth and retention; hiring, compensation, sales training and enablement; and company recognition and reputation. Heartland ranked No. 1 overall (tied with SunGard), earning high scores in all three categories.
- Heartland’s entrepreneurial business and compensation model incentivizes its sales force with weekly signing bonuses and long-term portfolio ownership with residual income. These rewards empower 1,100 Heartland sales professionals by giving them the tools they need to realize long-term success and career growth.
- Heartland’s sales model pays an unlimited commission and is uncapped, creating lifetime residuals that build wealth that can be redeemed after an employee retires or leaves the company.
- Nearly 90 percent of Heartland employees rated Heartland a great place to work in a 2014 survey known as the Trust Index.
Comments from Heartland employees in that survey ranged from:
- “People in this company truly care about each other.”
- “Working for Heartland is like working for a family.”
- “This is the only place I have worked where I can express my personal beliefs.”
- “No one judges you, even when you have personal issues.”
- In his 2014 autobiography, “Through the Fires: An American Business Story of Turbulence, Triumph and Giving Back,” Heartland Chairman and CEO Robert O. Carr said seeing the score on the employee survey was, in some ways, even more satisfying than the day Heartland went public on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Robert O. Carr, chairman and CEO, Heartland
"Heartland is a company our employees can be proud to work for and we’re proud of the hard work we’ve put in to make it that way. We continue to make substantial investments in the sales organization, investing significantly in sales infrastructure and support, sales technology, tools and training. We are bringing to market more products and services that allow our sales professionals to sell multiple solutions, which increases their opportunity to maximize income.”
- Tony Capucille, executive vice president and chief sales officer, Heartland
“The secret to Heartland’s success is that there is no secret. Do the right things, with the right people and do them consistently. Start with the foundation of honesty, integrity and transparency on which Heartland was founded and operates, and add in the top-notch individuals who have committed to respectfully serving their colleagues, their organization and their clients. That’s how an enduring culture is built and that’s what makes Heartland unique.”
- [Photo] Robert O. Carr
- [Video] Heartland -- A History of Honesty, Fairness, and Transparency
- Read about Heartland.
- Read about How to Start Your Heartland Career.
- Read about Robert O. Carr’s autobiography, "Through the Fires: An American Business Story of Turbulence, Triumph and Giving Back (Amazon, 2014)."
- Read about Selling Power’s “50 Best Companies to Sell For."
- For more information about Heartland’s news and activities, follow the company via Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Facebook and YouTube.
Tags/Keywords: Heartland Payment Systems, Heartland, payment processing, payment processor, sell for, Selling Power magazine, Robert O. Carr, Tony Capucille
RSS Feed for Heartland news releases: http://www.snl.com/irweblinkx/rss/prfeed.aspx?iid=4094417
Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. (NYSE:HPY), one of the largest payment processors in the United States, delivers credit/debit/prepaid card processing and security technology through Heartland Secure™ and its comprehensive Heartland breach warranty. Heartland also offers point of sale, mobile commerce, e-Commerce, marketing solutions, payroll solutions, and related business solutions and services to more than 300,000 business and educational locations nationwide.
A FORTUNE 1000 company, Heartland is the founding supporter of the Merchant Bill of Rights, a public advocacy initiative that educates merchants about fair credit and debit card processing practices. Heartland also established the Sales Professional Bill of Rights to advocate for the rights of sales professionals everywhere.