OMAHA, Neb.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Proxibid (www.proxibid.com), the most trusted online Marketplace for buying and selling highly valued items, will provide online bidding for Silverstone Auctions’ Salon Privé sale in Woodstock, Oxforshire, UK. Live bidding will begin September 4 at 6pm EUR (BST), but online bidding is already available by visiting www.proxibid.com/silverstone.
The elite Salon Privé sale is celebrating ten years of bringing together some of the finest and rarest cars in the world in one exclusive sale. From magnificent pre-war classics, through to modern supercars, the sale is set to include some of the most extraordinary cars available on the market today. With cars ranging from the racecar used in Hawaii 5-0 to Ferraris from every decade, the Salon Privé sale promises to please buyers of all tastes from across the globe.
Those who cannot attend the auction in person can bid with confidence online. Proxibid is the only online Marketplace with a fraud prevention system designed specifically to protect high dollar purchases like the exceptional motor vehicles in this sale.
Featured lots in the sale include:
- 2010 Porsche 997 GT2 RS: The stunning 997 GT2 combines the most powerful turbo engine in the range with a manual gearbox, creating one of the most unique driving experiences available on the market. This particular model is one of just 500 produced worldwide, and is valued at more than £300,000.
- 2011 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4: This single owner vehicle is hailed as “all the car you’ll ever need” by EVO Magazine. The track-inspired model was one of only 600 examples made.
- 1968 Aston Martin DB6 Vantage Volante: Finished in California Sage Green with a natural tan hide interior, the delightful DB6 is considered by many to be the last “real” Aston Martin. The vehicle is estimated value is between £825,000 and £925,000.
- 1998 Lamborghini Diablo SV: This car is an extremely high specification SV finished in Blue Scuro with Snowcorn hide, and is believed to be one of only three 1998 cars in this combination.
- 1934 Bentley 3 1/2 Litre Three Position Drophead Coupe by Thrupp & Maberly: This particular vehicle is remarkably original for its age. Its last MoT shows April 1965 and since then it has lived in the workshop of a Renault dealership in North London.
- 1954 Bentley R-Type Continental Fastback: The two door Continental was produced principally for the domestic home market with just 208 built. This model has a beautiful red exterior and tan interior, and is estimated value is between £900,000 and £1,100,000.
- 1964 Ferrari 330 GT Series I: The 'Series I' four-headlight 330GT has become truly evocative of 1960's fashion, lauded both for its individuality and Pininfarina's purity of design. This vehicle is just one of 49 right hand drive models produced.
- 1972 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona: Estimated between £500,000 and £550,000, this Daytona truly represents top running vehicle. Chassis #16647 is EU taxes paid and offered for sale with an MoT test certificate to April 2016 and a valid NOVA number.
- 1989 Ferrari 328 GTS: The 328 GTS accelerates from 0 – 60 MPH in 5.5 seconds and a top speed of over 166 MPH. As an original right hand drive, it is finished in traditional Rosso Corsa with Cream Leather upholstery.
- 1995 Ferrari 456 GT Manual: The Ferrari 456 is a front-engined Grand Tourer in the true tradition. Finished in the distinctive combination of Black exterior with a Black interior, this left-hand drive Ferrari appears ‘fresh' and modern despite being due to celebrate its 20th birthday reasonably soon.
- 2001 Ferrari 550 Barchetta: This vehicle is only one of only forty-eight right hand drive, UK supplied Ferrari 550 Barchettas and it's finished in unmarked Tour de France Blue with a deep blue interior. Having covered only 8,143 miles, it comes with a full Ferrari service history.
“Silverstone is excited to celebrate the tenth anniversary of the iconic Salon Privé sale with a premier collection of automobiles,” said Guy Lees-Milne, General Manager and Classic Car Specialist with Silverstone Auctions. “This is a sale that automobile collectors and enthusiasts will not want miss. Many of these vehicles are truly unrepeatable opportunities. Online bidders can rest easy knowing that security is a top priority, which is why we have chosen Proxibid to provide online bidding.”
For more information about Silverstone Auctions, to view auction catalogs, or to place bids, please visit the catalog.
Proxibid provides auction companies and asset owners with access to the most trusted online Marketplace for buying and selling highly valued items. More than $3 billion in inventory passes through Proxibid’s Marketplace annually via live and timed auctions, as well as Buy Now and Make Offer capabilities, across 15 categories that include heavy equipment; industrial machinery; real estate; fine art, antiques and collectibles, and more.
Founded in 2001, Proxibid is headquartered in Omaha, NE with offices in South Sioux City, NE and London. For more information about Proxibid, please visit www.proxibid.com.