MILWAUKEE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Tomorrow at 6:00 a.m., Roundy’s, Inc. (“Roundy’s”) (NYSE: RNDY), a leading grocer in the Midwest, will welcome customers to its newest Mariano’s location in Northbrook, Ill. Located at 784 Skokie Boulevard, Mariano’s is one of the first retailers to open in the new NorthShore 770 development, bringing fresh, unique and local grocery offerings to the community.
Mariano’s Northbrook is the 33rd location in Chicagoland for the banner and brings approximately 375 new jobs to the area. The new store covers more than 70,000 square feet, and features the exclusive store offerings that customers have grown to love, such as Oki Sushi, Nob’s Wine Bar, and an in-store grill where fresh meat and seafood are prepared to each customer’s preference while they shop.
“With the end of summer quickly approaching, we know this is a busy time for our customers, and we are privileged to help make these days more enjoyable with the opening of our Northbrook store,” said Bob Mariano, Chairman, President, and CEO of Roundy’s. “Whether you’re stopping by for a fresh juice or smoothie from SQUEEZ’D on the way to work, or finding the best products for a final summer barbecue, we are eager and excited to serve the neighborhood.”
Mariano’s Northbrook will feature an array of foodie experiences fit for any lifestyle including:
- Vero featuring premium coffees as well as locally and homemade gelato prepared with traditional Italian techniques.
- Todds BBQ offering daily smoked brisket, ribs, and more, all with a variety of sauces to fit shoppers’ tastes.
- Oyster Bar featuring freshly shucked oysters and specialty seafood dishes.
- Bakery with artisan breads, pastries, cakes, donuts and rolls baked daily in-store, along with international treats.
- SQUEEZ’D smoothie bar showcasing a variety of made-to-order fruit and vegetable smoothies, plus Mariano’s signature fresh-squeezed orange, grapefruit and lime juice to name a few.
- Full-service Pharmacy offering friendly and accessible pharmacists, immunization services, Mariano’s Prescription Savings Club and the unique PharmaSmart Blood Pressure machine.
To celebrate the opening of the new Mariano’s Northbrook location, the Roundy’s Foundation will make a donation to The ARK Northwest as part of its ongoing commitment to the communities it serves. The ARK Northwest is a community-funded health and human services agency that offers support services including access to a food pantry, rent and utility assistance and job counseling to more than 350 individuals a month.
Mariano’s Northbrook is open seven days a week from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. The pharmacy is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Mariano’s, the Midwest’s most exciting food destination, is one of four grocery banners of Roundy’s Supermarkets, Inc. Mariano’s, founded in 2010, is an integral part of the communities it serves. With 33 locations across the Chicagoland area, Mariano’s places a premium on the customer experience, offering a highly differentiated food shopping experience combined with exceptional customer service. Mariano’s incorporates Chicagoland’s distinctive neighborhood culture into its signature grocery merchandising allowing customers to enjoy a truly unique foodie experience.