BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Invaluable, the world’s leading online live auction marketplace, today announced that it is partnering with Profiles in History to offer live online bidding for the auction of “GLEE: The Official Show Auction,” which will take place on September 17 and 18, 2015. Bidders of this on-of-a-kind online auction event will have access in real-time to purchase props and costumes from the six-time Emmy® award-winning show, all at affordable prices. Live online bidding will take place on Invaluable.com.
“Gleeks” everywhere can now own a piece of GLEE history with more than 1,500 iconic pieces of memorabilia available for purchase in the collection, including set pieces, props and original costumes worn and used by cast members. Also included are costumes worn by many of GLEE’s notable guest stars, from Gwyneth Paltrow to Kate Hudson, and items used in some of the show’s most iconic and emotional scenes.
“We are extremely excited to partner with Profiles in History to make pieces of such an admired show available to individuals across the globe,” said Rob Weisberg, Invaluable CEO. “With the live online and mobile bidding technology we offer, fans of GLEE will now have a chance to bid on these nostalgic pieces, regardless of their location.”
“We are thrilled to be holding the GLEE auction, an event created especially for the fans of this beloved groundbreaking show,” said Joe Maddalena, President, Profiles in History. “Bidding begins at very reasonable prices, even for various couture items, so everyone has the opportunity to get a piece from their favorite character or memorable moment of this treasured TV series.”
The online auction will feature key items from the stars who roamed the halls of McKinley High, from key members of New Directions to some of the series’ most talked about celebrity guest stars. Highlights include:
- “Cheerios,” football props belonging to Santana Lopez, Quinn Fabray, Brittany Pierce, Mercedes Jones, Kurt Hummel and more
- A collection of 15 original handmade GLEE character hand puppets from the “Puppet Master” episode
- Artie Abrams’ signature wheelchair
- The “Sugar Shack” neon sign
- Sue Sylvester's iconic “Cheerios” office furniture and set decoration
- A set of (4) sparkly red Glee speakers and an amplifier
- Blaine Anderson and Kurt’s Dalton’s “Warblers” uniforms complete with iconic blue and red blazers
- An engagement ring for Kurt Hummel/Blaine Anderson
- Wedding dresses for Rachel Berry, Emma Pillsbury, Sue Sylvester, Santana Lopez and Brittany Pierce
- Costumes worn by celebrity guest stars including, Kate Hudson, Gwyneth Paltrow, Whoopi Goldberg, Demi Lovato, Adam Lambert, Idina Menzel, Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan and many more.
To view the full catalog and bid online in the upcoming Profiles in History auction, please visit Invaluable.com.
Invaluable, the world’s leading online live auction marketplace, features a live online bidding platform that allows collectors and dealers to bid in real-time in auctions held around the world. As the leading developer of SaaS and e-commerce applications for the auction industry, Invaluable provides auction houses with e-commerce and marketing solutions, as well as auction management software. Invaluable best-in-class historical price database includes more than 58 million complete auction results, totaling more than $204 billion in value. Founded in 1989 and headquartered in Boston, Invaluable also has offices in the United Kingdom, France, Germany and Australia. For more information, visit www.Invaluable.com or follow us on Twitter: @InvaluableLive.
About Profiles in History
Founded in 1985 by Joseph Maddalena, Profiles in History is the nation’s leading dealer of guaranteed-authentic original historical autographs, letters, documents, vintage signed photographs and manuscripts and original Hollywood Memorabilia. www.profilesinhistory.com