SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--More than 600 commercial drone end users representing 17 countries have already registered for Drone World Expo. Attendees include representatives from Bell Fuels, Inc., Bowles Farming Company, Inc., City of San Francisco, City of Sioux City, Collins Electrical Co., Inc., Department of Fish & Wildlife - OSPR, Farmers Insurance Group, FOX Sports Media Group, Grimmway Farms, Guida Surveying, ILS Farm Partnership, Kinder Morgan, LA County Fire Department, Miami-Dade Police Department, NASA, Nevada State Forestry, Perkins+ Will, Riverside County Flood Control, Sandoval & Associates, South Coast Air Quality Management District, SunCal, The Thomsen Co., Inc., Time Warner Cable and hundreds more. These companies and more than 1,000 others will gather November 17 and 18 at the San Jose Convention Center in the heart of Silicon Valley to hear real-world solutions to their business challenges and see the latest products and services from industry leaders.
“Our Advisory Board is helping us to develop a stellar conference program with presentations from leaders in the industry that is attracting end users from around the world who are registering to attend the event in droves,” said Joel Davis, President, JD Events, producers of Drone World Expo. “The speakers will provide a road map for the application and deployment of drone solutions and key insights for participants into how to measure and maximize the value drones can add to commercial businesses.” Each day of the event will kick off with a keynote presentation, followed by a full day of panels and case studies. The exhibit hall will be open 10 am – 6 pm on Tuesday, November 17 and 10 am – 5 pm on Wednesday, November 18 with a networking reception on the show floor the last hour of the expo each day.
Conference Program Sessions to be offered include:
- Avoiding the Traffic Jam: A Government and Industry UTM Update
- Drones and Privacy: Addressing Public Concern
- Getting the Shot: Innovative Imagery and Filmmaking Using Drones
- Disaster Management for UAS: The Benefits and Challenges of Integration
- How Drones are Transforming Big Data and the Internet of Things (IoT)
- Drones for Good: Environmental and Humanitarian Efforts via UAS
- UAS Insurance: An Interactive Workshop
- Looking for Funding? Do's and Don'ts from the Investment Community
- The DWE Town Hall Meeting - Your Questions Answered
Gretchen West, National Advisory Chairperson for UAVUS, will serve as Master of Ceremonies for the event. “Drone World Expo is focused primarily on educating end users and I've been thrilled to see such huge momentum with the growth of the event, the caliber of the end user audience we are attracting and the strength of the conference program. Along with the rest of the Advisory Board and staff, I look forward to welcoming everyone to this industry-changing event in November in Silicon Valley,” said West.
New speakers added to the Conference Program include:
- John D. Abbey, Chief of Police (Retired)
- Mark Bathrick, MBA, Director, Office of Aviation Services, U.S. Department of the Interior
- Ron Behrendt, Behron & Associates
- Kristy Bly, Senior Wildlife Conservation Biologist, World Wildlife Fund
- Eric Cheng, Director of Aerial Imaging, DJI / General Manager, DJI SF
- Jennifer Davidson, Special Projects Liaison (UAV/UAS), National Disaster Preparedness Training Center (NDPTC)
- Jonathan Downey, CEO, Airware; Managing Partner, Commercial Drone Fund
- Commander Chris Dunn, Ventura County Sheriff's Office
- Ben Griffith, Government Affairs Consultant, Capitol Partners
- Gareth Keane, Investment Manager, Qualcomm Ventures
- Renee Lusano, Creative / Lifestyle / Travel Photographer
- Vas Natarajan, Accel Partners
- Treggon Owens, CEO, Aerial MOB
- Andy Putch, Co-Founder, FreeSkies
- Drew Roberts, Wild Rabbit Productions
- Randy Scott Slavin, Founder, Yeah Drones; Creator of New York City Drone Film Festival
In addition to panel discussions, Drone World Expo will offer an extensive series of real-world case studies from various commercial and civil market sectors.
“I am excited to be a part of the Drone World Expo conference as I believe it will become a gold standard among events in this industry. Our client, the California State Parks System, will be presenting a case study that will provide their fellow end users with exclusive access to information that can be applied to their businesses. We look forward to gathering, networking and sharing best practices at DWE,” added Eileen Shibley, CEO, Monarch Inc.
In addition to the California State Parks System Case Study others will include: Drones for Search & Rescue; Drones in Agriculture; Drones for Habitat Monitoring; Drones in Real Estate; Drones for Conservation; Drones in Construction; Drones and Live Sports; Drones for Humanitarian Aid; Drones for Oil & Gas; Drones and Utilities; Marine Applications for Drones, and Delivery by Drone. For more on the Drone World Expo Conference Program Sessions, click here.
Commercial and civil end users qualify for complimentary full conference admission to Drone World Expo. Find registration details here.
Drone World Expo, the defining event for the commercial applications of UAS technology, will take place November 17-18, 2015 at the San Jose Convention Center. For more information, visit www.droneworldexpo.com. The event is produced by JD Events, dedicated to the creation of targeted and innovative industry-leading events that deliver results. The company brings together highly qualified buying audiences, education-rich content and high-level networking opportunities -- all geared toward increasing business transactions in the markets it serves. Visit www.jdevents.com for more information.
*Complimentary full conference passes are available to qualified end-users. End-users are defined as those with technology purchasing authority or purchasing influence who are currently employed by a commercial company that utilizes or has the potential to implement UAS technology for business purposes, but does not sell UAS technology products, services, integration or consulting. Company website is required and will be used in the qualification process. Please contact us at 203-371-6322 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.