NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Skyjet, a leading provider of on-demand private jet charters, today announced the release of the Skyjet app for iPhone. The app is the first of its kind in the private jet charter industry to integrate with Apple Pay, the easy and more secure way to pay, allowing you to simply book a private jet with a touch of your finger.
Skyjet brings industry-leading expertise and service to clients on the go. Its seamless booking experience provides users with direct access to an intelligent MPR (Market Price Range) tool for real-time price estimates. Within seconds of entering a user’s desired trip itinerary into the app, price estimates are displayed on-screen based on current market pricing and what other clients recently paid for their trips. Users also have direct access to aircraft specs, a detailed trip itinerary and instant access to a dedicated aviation expert.
“The Skyjet mobile app bridges our 18 years of industry experience, smart technology and exceptional service to make the process of booking private jets as smooth as possible,” said Skyjet’s President Greg Richman. “We’re extremely proud to see Apple Pay take flight with the Skyjet mobile app, which creates an unparalleled booking experience for travelers that’s faster, safer and more efficient than traditional charter booking.”
Security and privacy is at the core of Apple Pay. When you add a credit or debit card to Apple Pay, the actual card numbers are not stored on your iPhone, nor on Apple servers. Instead, a unique Device Account Number is assigned, encrypted and securely stored in the Secure Element on your iPhone, and each transaction is authorized with a one-time unique dynamic security code.
To celebrate the launch of the mobile app, the first 50 new clients to book a trip with the Skyjet app will receive an Apple Watch Sport* or iPad Air.
Skyjet App Features:
- MPR (Market Price Range) – A real-time market pricing intelligence tool. Before users even request a quote, the intuitive price curve displays the low, average and high market prices for any desired jet class. Skyjet’s MPR tool shows you instant price estimates, based on current market prices and what other clients actually paid for their trips.
- Book flights with as little as four hours’ notice and view aircraft images from Skyjet’s Premium Jet Collection.
- Make easy, secure and private payments via Apple Pay. You can also use credit cards or wire transfer.
- Skyjet’s pay-as-you-fly model eliminates annual membership fees.
- A ‘Call’ button is present throughout the app for direct access to Skyjet’s team of experienced aviation experts who facilitate everything from trip planning, aircraft availability, special requests to arranging catering and ground transportation.
- All your necessary travel documents such as flight information and aircraft details can be accessed directly through the app.
- All of Skyjet’s flights are subject to a stringent vetting process whereby aircraft and crew must exceed rigorous safety standards.
Skyjet continues to push the industry forward through innovations in private aviation technology for every type of private flier.
For more information on Apple Pay, visit: http://www.apple.com/apple-pay/.
Skyjet’s mobile app is now available on the App Store at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/skyjet-private-jet-charter/id1023383628?ls=1&mt=8.
Skyjet is part of one of the world’s largest aviation portfolios, Directional Aviation. Founded in 1997, Skyjet revolutionized private jet charter after pioneering the industry’s first on-demand online booking for private jets. Headquartered in New York, Skyjet is a leading provider of on-demand private jet charters, providing clients with the industry’s most efficient means of accessing private jet travel. Skyjet provides a superior solution for travelers seeking a simple, on-demand private jet charter option and a seamless booking experience. Clients have access to a collection of fully certified aircraft and a team of dedicated aviation experts focused on exceptional service. Skyjet’s sole focus is on the private jet charter customer, and the firm offers them convenience, security and overall peace of mind – in short, expertise on demand. For more information, please visit www.skyjet.com.
About Directional Aviation
Directional Aviation is a private investment firm whose sole focus is private business aviation. Combining strategic aviation ownership, unmatched experience and revolutionary vision, Directional continues to innovate and evolve private aviation. Directional’s unique industry experience enables them to quickly understand business aviation companies and provide the financing and operational strategy needed to take advantage of market opportunities. For more information, please visit www.directionalaviation.com.
* (Approximate Retail Value: $399 USD) courtesy of Skyjet. Offer is valid for new clients only. Cannot be combined with other offers. This promotion is in no way associated with, endorsed or sponsored by Apple, Inc. For more information, please visit https://www.skyjet.com/app