DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/85gm8w/governance_risk) has announced the addition of the "Governance, Risk and Compliance - The Botswanan Insurance Industry" report to their offering.
'Governance, Risk and Compliance - The Botswanan Insurance Industry' report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Botswana. It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operations of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, recent and upcoming changes in regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
- The Botswanan insurance industry is regulated by the Non-bank Financial Institutions Regulatory Authority.
- Motor third-party liability, aviation and professional indemnity are all mandatory insurance classes of insurance in Botswana.
- Composite insurance is not permitted in Botswana. However, life insurance companies are permitted to operate in accident and health insurance business.
- 100% FDI is permitted in the Botswanan insurance industry.
- Non-admitted insurance is prohibited. However, risks not covered by local insurers can be insured by unauthorized insurers.
Key Topics Covered:
2 Governance, Risk and Compliance
2.1 Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
2.2 Latest Changes in Regulations
2.3 Legislation and Market Practice by Type of Insurance
2.4 Compulsory Insurance
2.5 Supervision and Control
2.6 Non-Admitted Insurance Regulations
2.7 Company Registration and Operations
2.9 Legal System
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/85gm8w/governance_risk