DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/cn34dl/the_medical) has announced the addition of the "The Medical Device Market: Russia" report to their offering.
We expect the Russian medical device market to contract by a CAGR of 2.9 % over the 2013-2018 period . The financial sanctions imposed by the West due to Russia's involvement in the Ukraine crisis , as well as the weakened currency and high inflation are expected to cause a deep recession in 2015, which will adversely affect medical device market growth, as less money is made available for healthcare. Import restrictions introduced in February 2015 may also reduce demand.
Headline Industry Forecasts:
- In 2013, the Russian medical device market was estimated at USD6,716.9mn, or USD47 per capita. This market size is comparable to Canada; in per capita terms, the market is similar to Croatia. The 2008-2013 CAGR was estimated at 0.3%, but the market is expected to contract by a CAGR of 2.9% over the 2013-2018 period, to USD5,785.2mn, or USD41 per capita by 2018, due to the weakening rouble.
- Over 70% of the medical device market is supplied by imports. Russia imported medical devices valued at USD4,848.9mn in 2013; this represented a fall of 21.8% compared with 2012 and a 2008-2013 CAGR of 1.1%. Imports have grown every year since 2003, with the exception of 2009 and 2013. In the 12 months to October 2014, imports fell by 22.8% to USD4,544.9mn.
- Russia is not a major exporter of medical equipment, but the total has risen consistently since 2001, falling only in 2009-2010. Exports reached a new high of USD147.0mn in 2013, a rise of 8.7% over the previous year and a 2008-2013 CAGR of 3.3%. The trade deficit decreased from -USD6,067.5mn in 2012 to -USD4,701.6mn in 2013, due to a large fall in imports. In the 12 months to October 2014, exports rose by 4.4% to USD148.4mn.
- Russia has around 1,200 manufacturers engaged in medical device production. Around 12,000 types of medical device are manufactured locally, including modern digital low dose X-ray apparatus, patient monitors, electrocardiographs, operating tables, hospital beds and medical.
Key Topics Covered:
2. Medical Device Market
3. Consumables Market Forecast
4. Diagnostic Imaging Market Forecast
5. Dental Products Market Forecast
6. Orthopaedics & Prosthetics Market Forecast
7. Patient Aids Market Forecast
8. Annual Medical Device Imports
9. Monthly Medical Device Imports
10. Annual Medical Device Exports
11. Monthly Medical Device Exports
12. Macroeconomic Forecasts
13. Market Overview
14. Healthcare Overview
15. Industry Trends And Developments
16. Medical Device Market Access
17. Risk/Reward Ratings Methodology
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/cn34dl/the_medical