DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8p6v4c/the_medical) has announced the addition of the "The Medical Device Market: United Kingdom" report to their offering.
The UK has one of the largest medical device markets in the world, valued at USD10.2bn in 2013. The market is the sixth largest in the world and third largest in Europe. Per capita expenditure was equal to USD162 in 2013. The UK market for medical devices is projected to increase by 6.8% per annum to attain a value of USD14.2bn by 2018.
The growth of the UK medical device market is predominantly import-led and this has led to a succession of trade deficits since 2001. A significant portion of the market, around 75% of the total, is made up of imports. In US dollar terms, medical device imports grew by 7.3% in 2013 to reach USD7,816.5mn. Based on latest collated monthly data to year ending November 2014, medical device imports rose by 8.1% to USD8,451.3mn.
The UK is a significant global exporter of medical devices and remains among the world's top 10. In US dollar terms, exports grew by 7.4% in 2013 to reach USD6,071.0mn. In the 2008-2013 period, the CAGR was -1.3%. Based on latest collated monthly data, exports to year ending November 2014 rose by 4.8% to USD6,353.0mn.
In 2013, according to latest published data from Eurostat, the UK produced medical equipment and supplies worth EUR3.4bn (USD4.5bn), a 13.3% fall compared with the 2012 reported figure of EUR3.7bn (USD4.7bn).
Key Topics Covered:
2. Medical Device Market
3. Consumables Market Forecast
4. Diagnostic Imaging Market Forecast
5. Dental Products Market Forecast
6. Orthopaedics & Prosthetics Market Forecast
7. Patient Aids Market Forecast
8. Other Medical Devices Market Forecast
9. Annual Medical Device Imports
10. Monthly Medical Device Imports
11. Annual Medical Device Exports
12. Monthly Medical Device Exports
13. Macroeconomic Forecasts
14. Industry Risk Reward Ratings
15. Market Overview
16. Healthcare Overview
17. Healthcare Activity
18. Industry Trends And Developments
19. Contract Agreement For Medical Technology Trials
20. Domestic Medical Device Manufacturing
21. Medical Device Market Access
22. Trade Shows
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8p6v4c/the_medical