CHELMSFORD, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Kronos Incorporated:
What: Joyce Maroney, director of The Workforce Institute at Kronos Incorporated, welcomes John Hollon, vice president for editorial at TLNT.com and ERE Media, and Sharlyn Lauby, president of ITM Group, Inc. and popular industry blogger known as The HR Bartender, on the Workforce Institute Radio podcast series to discuss the rising trend of boomerang employees. A boomerang employee is someone who left an organization, for whatever reason, and then rejoins that same organization at a future date. The topic of boomerang employees has picked up momentum in human resources and management circles as organizations appear more accepting of re-hiring former employees. Questions tackled in the podcast include:
- In general, have HR professionals, hiring managers, and executives changed their mindset on hiring back former employees?
- What are the potential factors contributing to a rise in boomerang employees?
- What are the benefits and drawbacks, if any, of re-hiring a former employee?
- How should off-boarding processes evolve with an apparent boomerang trend on the rise?
- Are there strategies organizations can deploy to remain in touch with former high performers who could one day become boomerang employees?
- Above all, how can organizations create a culture that makes former employees want to come back?
When: Available now
Why: The Workforce Institute provides research and education on critical workplace issues facing organizations around the globe. By bringing together thought leaders, The Workforce Institute is uniquely positioned to empower organizations with the knowledge and information they need to manage their workforce effectively and provide a voice for employees on important workplace issues. A hallmark of The Workforce Institute’s research is balancing the needs and desires of diverse employee populations with the needs of organizations. For additional information, visit www.workforceinstitute.org.
- Listen to other episodes of Workforce Institute Radio.
- Connect with The Workforce Institute at Kronos via Twitter.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Subscribe to our workforce management blogs.
- Take a look at the lighter side of workforce management in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2015 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.