BEVERLY HILLS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Marcus Buckingham Company (TMBC), providers of integrated, personalized and strengths-based employee engagement and performance solutions, achieved growth above expectations in the first half of 2015, bolstering its customer base with new additions and its internal team by more than 50 percent. Key customer acquisitions include Mission Health, EMC, Patagonia, Peak6, Pinterest and Levi Strauss & Co. The company also recruited industry heavyweights such as Kurt Deneen, formerly of Gallup, and Heidi Spirgi, formerly of Appirio and Knowledge Infusion.
“TMBC’s rapid growth in customer base -- and the growth in our internal team to serve their needs -- is a direct result of the problematic landscape of traditional employee performance and engagement processes today,” commented Jason Averbook, CEO, TMBC. “The marked increase in adoption of our technology and research-based solutions in the first half of the year alone demonstrates that leading companies are actively looking to revolutionize their performance and engagement management processes to drive true business impact.”
In his recent column for Human Resource Executive Online, veteran HR analyst Bill Kutik concluded that the simplicity of TMBC’s StandOut technology positions it to help solve the “really big problems right now” in talent management and is poised to be “the next generation” of HR software. Kutik, host of the popular Firing Line with Bill Kutik® show, adds, “[TMBC] has the HR chops to create the next generation of software and a new executive team that can make it happen.”
“Mission Health launched our StandOut pilot in April of this year. Healthcare has traditionally focused on fixing what’s wrong with patients so they could ‘get well’. Currently and going forward, we are helping patients and our communities ‘be well and stay well’ by focusing on positive behaviors and prevention,” said Taylor Foss, SVP Organizational Transformation, MissionHealth. “StandOut is supporting this cultural shift by giving us opportunities to focus on leveraging our strengths and doing more of our best work. We’ve had great reactions from our leaders and their team members and look forward to a full health system rollout of StandOut this fall.”
Additional H1 highlights include:
- Addition of new clients across several industries, including Mission Health, EMC, Patagonia, Peak6, Pinterest and Levi Strauss & Co.
- U.S. Federal Executive Institute’s Office of Personnel Management joins the list of new clients.
- Continued momentum from existing clients, including Facebook, Starbucks, Eli Lilly, Ted Baker, UPS Capital, Covidien, and Delta Airlines.
- The deployment of TMBC’s first Global Engagement Index, the world’s first calibrated measure of global engagement, revealing both how countries rank and the leading drivers of engagement, country by country.
- Cover story of April’s Harvard Business Review magazine -- “Reinventing Performance Rankings” -- co-authored by TMBC founder Marcus Buckingham and media mentions on Inc., Fast Company, The Atlantic and others.
- Keynotes delivered by Marcus Buckingham at conferences such as HireVue’s Digital Disruption and the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) 2015 Annual Conference.
- The expansion of TMBC’s executive bench to include Senior Vice President of Product and Technology Heidi Spirgi and Kurt Deneen as VP of Client Experience.
- The pre-release of Marcus Buckingham’s book StandOut 2.0 at the annual SHRM conference with a record number of copies sold at the SHRM Store.
- Increase in TMBC team by 50 percent in H1, including new team members in sales, client experience, design, marketing, and product development roles to serve the rapidly expanding client base.
Continuing its momentum into the second half of the year, Marcus Buckingham will be focusing on the need for evolved team leader solutions as the keynote speaker at the 2015 HR Technology Conference, where CEO Jason Averbook will also be presenting along with TMBC client Hampton by Hilton. For more information, visit www.tmbc.com.
About The Marcus Buckingham Company
The Marcus Buckingham Company (TMBC) delivers integrated talent development solutions that are strengths-based and personalized to produce high-performing talent and optimized workforces. The company’s proprietary StandOut performance management solution encompasses education, coaching and technology tools that enable team leaders and organizations to fuel engagement and accelerate performance. TMBC clients include many of the world’s leading companies including Chevron, GE, HP, Intel, Starbucks and many others. For additional information, visit www.tmbc.com.