LEESBUG, Va. & WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--(Alert is for planning purposes only — not for republication to the general public)
The Stonewall Energy Center will be one of the newest, most advanced natural gas-fueled generating stations in the U.S. fleet and will supply power to the Commonwealth of Virginia and the District of Columbia.
WHAT: Groundbreaking ceremony in Leesburg, VA. The generating station will:
- Power up to 750,000 homes
- Generate approximately $20 million per year in direct and indirect spending, increase the tax base and provide considerable annual revenue to the Town of Leesburg
- Create approximately 600 construction jobs and 30 high-paying direct jobs to operate the plant
- Utilize the latest, most advanced emissions-control technology, making it one of the cleanest natural gas-fueled power plants in the United States
- Be cooled with treated wastewater rather than potable water — conserving Virginia’s natural supply of drinking water and preventing the discharge of harmful nutrients into the Potomac River and Chesapeake Bay watershed.
- Be located in an industrial zone and screened by a naturally wooded area to reduce sightlines
- Be built along existing transmission lines, eliminating the need for additional power lines
- Begin commercial operation by 2017.
WHO: Speakers will include:
- Mark Herring, Attorney General of the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Barbara Comstock, Congresswoman for Virginia’s Tenth District
- Scott K. York, Chairman of the Loudoun County Board of Supervisors
- John Andrews, Managing Partner of Green Energy Partners/Stonewall
- Senior Executives at Bechtel Power and Siemens Energy
- Todd W. Carter, President and Senior Partner, Panda Power Funds
Speakers will be available for interviews immediately following the ceremony
Thursday, August 6, 2015
10:30 a.m. ET
|20260 Energy Park Drive|
|Leesburg, VA 20175|
|(RSVP as a member of the media)|
- All event activities will be sheltered from the weather and air conditioned
- Luncheon will immediately follow the groundbreaking ceremony
- Reporters and crew are invited to attend the luncheon or have their lunch boxed to go
- Broadcast media will have access to a mult box to patch into the audio system
- Journalists will receive press kits on a USB drive containing high-definition photos, corporate logos and rendering of the 778 MW power plant.
ABOUT PANDA POWER FUNDS:
Founded in 2010, Panda Power Funds is a private equity firm headquartered in Dallas, Texas, which has the ability to develop, acquire, construct, finance and operate large-scale, natural gas-fueled power generation facilities. Panda has three combined-cycle power plants currently in operation in Texas and two combined-cycle power plants currently under construction in Pennsylvania with a total capacity of nearly 4,000 megawatts and has announced an 859-MW power facility in Southern Maryland. The fund built a 20-megawatt solar farm in Southwest New Jersey that is one of the largest solar facilities in the Northeast United States. Additional information on Panda Power Funds can be found at www.pandafunds.com.