PHILADELPHIA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Comcast Business today announced the lineup for its third annual Innovations 4 Entrepreneurs Tech Week, a series of online programs and events dedicated to helping entrepreneurs and startups learn how to use technology to achieve business goals. This year’s events will be held the week of August 3-7 and will include Twitter chats and webinars with national business experts and entrepreneurs from across the country, as well as the winners from Comcast’s 2015 Innovations 4 Entrepreneurs (I4E) program. The official hashtag for the week’s activities is #I4ETechWeek.
The events are part of Comcast Business’ ongoing efforts to assist entrepreneurs and enable the growth of startup companies and small businesses. It builds upon the I4E program, a national competition that has awarded more than $1 million in cash and services to aspiring entrepreneurs who are leveraging technology to grow their business. Recently, three entrepreneurs and three startups were named grand prize winners in the I4E program.
Each day of I4E Tech Week will focus on a specific theme:
- Mentor Monday: Why you need mentors and how to find them.
- Transformation Tuesday: How to turn an idea for a new business into reality.
- What’s Next Wednesday: Ways to take your startup or small business to the next level.
- Throwback Thursday: How tech changes over the past 20 years have impacted business.
- Future Friday: How technology will transform business in the future.
Comcast will also host a series of Twitter chats and webinars, all scheduled for 1:00 p.m. EDT:
- Monday, August 3: Twitter chat – We’ll interview a leading mentor organization about types of mentors, why you need mentors and how to find them.
- Tuesday, August 4: Webinar – Funding 101. Angel funding, venture capital, crowdfunding – options abound to fund your business. Find out what’s right for you.
- Thursday, August 6: Twitter chat – We’ll take a look back at the use of technology in business over the last 20 years. Photos encouraged.
- Friday, August 7: Twitter chat – Join experts from around the country in a discussion about how technology will transform business in the future.
Throughout I4E Tech Week, the Comcast Business Community site will deliver custom content, including blog posts, videos and other content related to the daily themes. The Comcast Business Community site is an online business forum that provides best practices, tips, and industry insights designed to help entrepreneurs, startups, small businesses and enterprises achieve business success. It features content written by Comcast Business leaders as well as national business, industry, and technology experts.
“This year’s events and content for I4E Tech Week are designed to give entrepreneurs and startups the opportunity to get helpful advice on how to turn their ideas into action and use new tools to help grow their business,” said Denice Hasty, senior vice president, Marketing and Product Management at Comcast Business. “We’re excited about bringing these topics to light in interactive online forums that will generate some great discussion and information sharing.”
For more information about I4E Tech Week, visit http://cbcommunity.comcast.com/.
About Comcast Business
Comcast Business offers Ethernet up to 10 Gbps, Internet, Wi-Fi, Voice and TV solutions to help organizations of all sizes transform their business. Powered by a next-generation, fiber-based network covering 39 states and 20 of the nation’s top 25 markets, and backed by 24/7 technical support, Comcast Business is one of the largest contributors to the growth of Comcast Cable. Comcast Business is the nation’s largest cable provider to small and mid-size businesses and has emerged as a force in the Ethernet market; recognized over the last two years by leading industry associations as its fastest growing provider and service provider of the year.
For more information, call 866-429-3085. Follow on Twitter @ComcastBusiness and on other social media networks at http://business.comcast.com/social.
About Comcast Cable
Comcast Cable is the nation's largest video, high-speed Internet and phone provider to businesses and residential customers. Comcast has invested in technology to build an advanced network that delivers among the fastest broadband speeds, and brings customers personalized video, communications and home management offerings. Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) is a global media and technology company. Visit www.comcastcorporation.com for more information.