SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Twitch, the world’s leading social video platform and community for gamers, today announced Intel RealSense Technology, ArenaNet, and Wargaming.net as presenting sponsors of TwitchCon 2015, as well as details surrounding hands-on activities, exhibitors, and exclusives at this inaugural event.
"TwitchCon 2015 will harness the energy of thousands of the most passionate, engaged members of the Twitch community," said Amy Brady, Director of Global Events, Twitch. "Even if Twitch is new to you, there are lots of opportunities to learn how to get involved, loads of great games to enjoy and positive people to meet."
- The Intel Gaming Lab: This giant LAN area will feature 144 Intel-technology PC gaming stations. Attendees will be able to interact and play with and against dozens of popular Twitch broadcasters in an array of games, such as H1Z1, League of Legends, Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, StarCraft II, World of Warplanes, Guild Wars 2 and more.
- The Education Zone: An entire floor dedicated to all of the products and services a broadcaster needs to create and maintain a professional Twitch channel. This includes brands such as Antlion Audio, Skreens, eSport.US, TwitchAlerts, Teespring, El Gato, GameWisp, Skype, Flood Gaming, HoneyLedger, XSplit and more. Making its debut at TwitchCon will be Gameshow, a new brand and product designed specifically for the Twitch community. Also onsite will be Amazon and Amazon Associates, whose product showcases will educate broadcasters on how to take their channels to the next level while offering TwitchCon exclusive highlights and deals.
In addition to the Education Zone activities for attendees, there will be a live broadcast from the Education Workshop featuring presentations by many of the Education vendors.
- The Charity Zone, brought to you by Tiltify: With philanthropy being popular among the Twitch community with numerous charity drives each month, this zone provides insights on how to get involved. American Red Cross, Call of Duty Endowment, Operation Supply Drop, Game Changer, Extra Life, Save the Children, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, and Doctors Without Borders will all have a presence, as well as The Charity Zone sponsor Tiltify, the first ever crowdfunding platform designed for charity gaming streams.
- Indie Alley, brought to you by XSplit: Twitch loves content diversity and with indie games there is always something new to watch. The XSplit Indie Alley, with an XSplit Indie Stage & Stream, will be dedicated to indie content the entire weekend, in support of the Indie[dot] developer program. Come find something fun to play in the Indie Alley with developers such as Devolver Digital, Larian Studios, Schine, Super Evil Megacorp, Proletariat Inc, Beatshapers and more.
- Razer Broadcaster Zone: Since many popular broadcasters will be at TwitchCon, the Razer Broadcaster Zone lets them broadcast live from the show with equipment and broadcasting capabilities all provided by Razer. A full broadcast schedule will be released prior to the show.
Attendees will get hands-on with the latest games and products from dozens of exhibitors at TwitchCon 2015. The following are a few of the first wave of attending brands and some of the things they will be bringing to the show.
- ArenaNet, a presenting show sponsor, is bringing two full days of Guild Wars® 2 live programming to TwitchCon with surprise guests throughout the show. ArenaNet will also feature popular Guild Wars 2 Twitch streamers with special programs and live broadcasts.
- Wargaming.net, a presenting show sponsor, will be showcasing World of Warships, a free-to-play naval action MMO from the creators of World of Tanks.
- Blizzard will have a playable version of Legacy of the Void, the final chapter of StarCraft II, along with the reveal of new content.
- Capcom is bringing The Capcom Pro Tour, the premier league destination for competitive Street Fighter, live to the show floor. Visit them to experience the latest build of the highly anticipated Street Fighter V, or take a shot at competing in one of their tournaments for the chance to win a PlayStation 4.
- Deep Silver is offering attendees hands-on time with their latest games including Mighty No. 9, while conducting sign-ups for their broadcaster influencer program to allow early access to their games.
- Daybreak Games’ zombie survival massively multiplayer online game, H1Z1, will be featured in The Intel Gaming Lab with a special two hour event on Saturday at 10:30am.
- Devolver Digital, who are purveyors of fine digital entertainment wares from independent artists worldwide, will be featuring Enter the Gungeon, Broforce, and Noct.
- Corsair, with over 20 years in the PC and gaming tech industry, will be bringing an entire product showcase and an exclusive game partner to be announced at the show.
- Alienware, the industry go-to for custom built gaming PCs, are bringing the Alienware truck featuring Alienware Steam Machines and new Steam Controllers.
Additional exhibitors include BAND, GAEMS, and Creative Labs, with more to come.
- Several brands will be making exclusive announcements during the keynote presentation from Twitch CEO and founder Emmett Shear. There will also be a marquee act headlining the after-party which is currently under wraps.
Tickets and Promotions
- Tickets for TwitchCon 2015 are still available with August 21st being the cutoff date for receiving them in advance by mail. In addition, Twitch has announced its Purple Ticket promotion. By submitting a video highlight of why they want to come to TwitchCon 2015, fans can try and win a trip for two for the ultimate VIP experience.
TwitchCon 2015 is taking place September 25-26 at the Moscone West convention center in San Francisco and is the first ever convention dedicated to Twitch’s community of partners, broadcasters, and viewers. To be kept in the loop with all TwitchCon news, follow the TwitchCon Twitter feed and sign up at TwitchCon.com to receive updates. For general Twitch news, visit the Twitch blog, Twitter and Facebook pages.
Twitch is the world’s leading social video platform and community for gamers. Each month, more than 100 million community members gather to watch and talk about video games with more than 1.5 million broadcasters. Twitch’s video platform is the backbone of both live and on-demand distribution for the entire video game ecosystem. This includes game developers, publishers, media outlets, events, user generated content, and the entire esports scene. In February 2014, Twitch was ranked the 4th largest website in terms of peak Internet traffic in the U.S., fortifying the brand as an entertainment industry leader and the epicenter of social video for gamers. For more information visit the Twitch website and the blog.