PRINCETON, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Heartland Payment Systems (NYSE:HPY), one of the nation’s largest payment processors and provider of integrated products and services to the retail and restaurant industries, today announced its secure point-of-sale (POS) software solutions, featuring out-of-scope capacity, data security protection and a comprehensive breach warranty, are now available to pcAmerica customers.
Heartland and pcAmerica will feature pcAmerica Cash Register Express and Restaurant Pro Express, retail and restaurant POS packages that are fully interfaced with the Heartland Out-of-Scope and Heartland Secure™ solutions, at RetailNOW 2015. The Heartland Secure out-of-scope solution streamlines the POS provider’s path to Europay, MasterCard and Visa (EMV) acceptance by taking the POS system completely out of the payment authorization process, which means no cardholder data is ever sent to the POS system. Heartland Secure is a comprehensive card data security solution that combines three powerful technologies: end-to-end encryption, tokenization and EMV.
pcAmerica merchants Christopher Robert Gifts, a ladies jewelry and accessories boutique business in New City, N.Y., and Big Daddy’s Wine & Liquor, a liquor store also in New City, have upgraded their POS systems to securely accept EMV payments with the help of Heartland and pcAmerica.
The industry-leading Heartland solutions provide retail and restaurant merchants with the highest level of protection available against card-present data fraud and will accept new payment methods including EMV chip-cards and mobile near field communication (NFC) payment methods such as Apple Pay and Android Pay.
Heartland Secure also offers retail and restaurant merchants protection against POS intrusions, insider misuse, and other common sources of data fraud by eliminating the ability to monetize card data.
- As restaurateurs and retailers prepare for the Oct. 1, 2015 EMV liability shift, when all financial liability for fraudulent card-present transactions shifts to businesses that are not EMV compliant, they are realizing EMV alone is not enough.
- EMV compliance is not a government mandate, and it is up to businesses to implement EMV-enabled terminals. However, businesses that decide to implement EMV technology will avoid any liability for counterfeit fraud while boosting consumer confidence.
- EMV may not be enough, so taking security to the next level is a good plan. Merchants who are Heartland Secure receive a free comprehensive breach warranty—the first of its kind that protects businesses from payment card breach losses in the event of a breach.
- To be covered under the Heartland breach warranty, a business must have a Heartland Secure-certified device and process payments through Heartland on that device.
- Heartland acquired pcAmerica on Feb. 13, 2015. For more than 20 years, businesses have been relying on pcAmerica retail and restaurant POS systems to streamline daily operations, including customer transactions, inventory tracking, employee labor, and marketing reports. Some notable pcAmerica customers include Flowers Foods, Goodwill Stores, Tasti D-Lite and various United States Embassies and Consulates.
Heartland Speakers at RetailNOW 2015
- Heartland Chairman and CEO Robert O. Carr: “Empowering SMB Merchants,” from 11 to 11:50 a.m. (EDT), Tuesday, Aug. 4, 2015.
- Heartland Senior Vice President of Heartland Commerce David J. Gosman: “Tablets in Retail,” from 10 to 10:50 a.m. (EDT), Tuesday, Aug. 4, 2015 in the Sanibel room.
- Robert O. Carr, chairman and CEO, Heartland
“Protecting customers is our number one priority and our Heartland Secure solution will cover a restaurant’s or retailer’s payment card industry fines and fees in the case of a breach of card information. The Heartland Secure technology we pioneered materially reduces the opportunity for criminals to monetize encrypted card data. Restaurant operators and retailers with Heartland Secure-certified point-of-sale devices, who are processing with us, are fully protected by our comprehensive breach warranty.”
- David Gosman, senior vice president of Heartland Commerce, Heartland
“We’ve always taken payment security seriously, and joining Heartland has opened us up to the best security solutions in the industry. In the course of a few months we have upgraded our Cash Register Express and Restaurant Pro Express POS software to accept EMV chip transactions in an out-of-scope fashion that is completely secure. We’re excited that it’s market ready – today.”
- Jeffrey Kosiner, owner, Big Daddy’s Wine and Liquor
“We’re a second-generation family-owned business that offers a wide variety of wines and liquors. Our customers trust us to recommend the best bottle for their occasion – and we can run our business with confidence knowing the Cash Register Express solution protects our customers’ credit card data with iron-clad security.”
- Kim and Tom Holstine, owners, Christopher Robert Gifts
“Our boutique carries many top designer brands that women want for themselves and for gifts for family and friends. We aren’t technology experts but we knew we needed to accept the new chip cards. We wanted to make sure we never had security problems accepting credit and debit cards. Our pcAmerica POS representative explained the Heartland Secure technology and installed it for us. It’s really simple to use and a big relief to us that our small business has such an advanced level of protection.”
- [Photo] Robert O. Carr
- [Photo] PAX S300
- [Video] Heartland Secure - Complete Payment Processing Security
- [Graphic] What is Heartland Secure™?
- Read about Heartland.
- Read about pcAmerica.
- Read about Heartland Secure™.
- Read Heartland strengthens its position in the hospitality and retail POS markets through the acquisition of Point-of-Sale companies Dinerware and pcAmerica.
- Read about Christopher Robert Gifts.
- Read about Big Daddy’s Wine & Liquor.
- For more information about Heartland’s news and activities, follow the company via Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Facebook and YouTube.
Tags/Keywords: Heartland, Heartland Payment Systems, pcAmerica, Heartland comprehensive breach warranty, breach warranty, warranty, breach, Heartland Secure™, secure, security, out-of-scope, PAX S300, Robert O. Carr, David Gosman, Christopher Robert Gifts, Kim Holstine, Tom Holstine, Big Daddy’s Wine & Liquor, Jeffrey Kosiner
Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. (NYSE: HPY), one of the largest payment processors in the United States, delivers credit/debit/prepaid card processing and security technology through Heartland Secure™ and its comprehensive Heartland breach warranty. Heartland also offers point of sale, mobile commerce, e-Commerce, marketing solutions, payroll solutions, and related business solutions and services to more than 400,000 business and educational locations nationwide.
A FORTUNE 1000 company, Heartland is the founding supporter of Merchant Bill of Rights, a public advocacy initiative that educates merchants about fair credit and debit card processing practices. Heartland also established Sales Professional Bill of Rights to advocate for the rights of sales professionals everywhere.