DENVER--(BUSINESS WIRE)--PostNet, the nation’s first Neighborhood Business Center, is tipping its hat to small business owners and the magic they make happen every day by revealing its top five tricks to reach target customers through direct mail.
PostNet works closely with business owners every day to provide printing, shipping, design and marketing solutions that meet the needs of small businesses – taking the stage as their magician's assistant. Now, the company has revealed its top five tips to assist the “magicians” in skillfully marketing their business through direct mail:
- Steal the Show: You only have a few seconds to enchant your audience, so make it count! Imagery, content and design should be strong and captivating, and provide the reader with a reason to go to your website, call your business or walk through your doors.
- Abracadabra: Surprise your audience by revealing a discount or special offer that will incentivize potential clients or customers to go to your business.
- Now You See it, Now You Don’t: Remove clutter so your audience can clearly see the message. Listing out every detail about your business and products can be overwhelming and difficult to digest. By being clear, concise and compelling, readers will better remember what you said.
- Don’t Be a Ruse: Be strategic in who you send direct mail to, as bulk mailings will not result in high response rates. By carefully selecting your spectators, you and your business will receive a higher return on your investment.
- Vanishing Act: Don’t let your results disappear. Tracking the results of your campaign is critical and will show you whether or not you achieved your campaign goals and objectives. Track results by incorporating a coupon or special offer on your mail piece that customers must bring into your business to redeem within a certain timeframe, encouraging your employees to ask your customers how they heard about your business, or directing readers to a specific landing page on your website.
“Successful small business owners make problems disappear every day,” said PostNet CEO and co-founder Steven Greenbaum. “PostNet understands the hoops they jump through and the many tasks they juggle, allowing us to support them in the amazing feats they accomplish.”
Now through August 31, PostNet will offer EDDM (Every Door Direct Mail) services as low as 35 cents. EDDM is a bulk mailing service offered by the United States Postal Service (USPS) to make it easier and more affordable for small businesses to reach their target consumers through the mail, and is ideal for businesses looking to expand their customer base or strengthen current connections.
For more information about PostNet, please visit www.postnet.com.
PostNet Neighborhood Business Centers provide marketing services and specialize in meeting the design, printing and shipping needs of small businesses and consumers. Founded in 1993, PostNet has nearly 700 locations worldwide, including several hundred locations in South Africa. Select PostNet locations in the U.S. and Canada offer Website Design and Solutions, which includes website and mobile design, hosting and email marketing. Each PostNet franchise is locally owned and operated. PostNet has won numerous awards and recognitions including: 2015 Entrepreneur Franchise 500; 2015 Franchise Gator Top 100; 2015 Entrepreneur America’s Top Global Franchise; 2013 Top 10 Best Franchise for Veterans by Military Times; 2013 Satisfaction Award from Franchise Business Review; and 2013 Mail Innovations Award from the U.S. Postal Service. For more information about PostNet services, please visit www.postnet.com; for information about owning a PostNet franchise, visit www.postnetfranchise.com.