TOKYO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Toshiba Corporation's (TOKYO:6502) Semiconductor & Storage Products Company today announced the start of mass production of "TC7764WBG", a wireless power receiver IC for mobile equipment compliant with the Qi standard’s low power specification V.1.1.2, defined by the Wireless Power Consortium (WPC). The standard includes smartphones and mobile accessories. The IC realizes a charging time equivalent to charging with a cable.
Wireless charging allows adoption of a fully insulated case free of exposed charging ports, an advantage that is stimulating demand for waterproof and dustproof portable products, such as smartphones and tablets.
"TC7764WBG" adopts optimized circuit design to increase maximum output power to 5 Watts, comparable with a cable, enhancing applicability.
• Compliant with WPC Qi:Low Power V1.1.2
• Maximum 5-watt output power.
• 95% maximum power conversion efficiency
• Integrates protocol authentication circuit for power transfers
• Supports foreign object detection functions.
• Under Voltage Lockout (UVLO) / Over Voltage Detection (OVLO) functions
• Thermal shutdown functions (TSD)
Mobile equipment, such as smartphones, mobile accessories, toys.
|Transmission Method||Electromagnetic induction method|
|Maximum Output Power||5W|
|Package||WCSP28 (2.4 mm*3.67 mm*0.5 mm)|
 Qi: The international standard for wireless charging, defined by the Wireless Power Consortium.
For further information about this product, please visit:
Mixed Signal IC Sales and Marketing Department
* Information in this document, including product prices and specifications, content of services and contact information, is current on the date of the announcement but is subject to change without prior notice.
Toshiba Corporation, a Fortune Global 500 company, channels world-class capabilities in advanced electronic and electrical product and systems into five strategic business domains: Energy & Infrastructure, Community Solutions, Healthcare Systems & Services, Electronic Devices & Components, and Lifestyles Products & Services. Guided by the principles of The Basic Commitment of the Toshiba Group, “Committed to People, Committed to the Future”, Toshiba promotes global operations towards securing “Growth Through Creativity and Innovation”, and is contributing to the achievement of a world in which people everywhere live in safe, secure and comfortable society.
Founded in Tokyo in 1875, today’s Toshiba is at the heart of a global
network of over 590 consolidated companies employing over 200,000 people
worldwide, with annual sales surpassing 6.5 trillion yen (US$63 billion).
To find out more about Toshiba, visit www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm