ROUND ROCK, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dell today announced the release of the Dell SonicWALL TZ Wireless Firewall Series, comprehensive wireless network security solutions that enable both small- and mid-sized businesses and large, distributed enterprises to realize the benefits of enterprise-class 802.11ac wireless performance and security, with a simple network set-up and management console, all at a lower total cost of ownership.
Wireless is no longer an option for most businesses – it’s an imperative, and a competitive differentiator for organizations of all sizes. By including wireless in the security perimeter, the organization can separate guest users from employees, and employ a consistent set of protection policies. With the wrong firewall, however, the business is susceptible to costly hits including multi-million dollar remediation expenses, immeasurable brand damage and loss of public confidence. Weak, outdated firewalls and intrusion detection systems are blind to modern encrypted threats, giving cyber-criminals a clear path to slip malware into the network, evade detection and steal data. Network performance and user productivity plummet when the firewall chokes under compute-intensive operations such as decrypting and inspecting SSL traffic. As indicated in the 2015 Dell Security Annual Threat Report, more companies were exposed to attackers “hiding in plain sight” as a result of SSL/TLS encrypted traffic, making it critical for firewalls to inspect both wired and wireless traffic.
Secure wireless connectivity should enable the business by boosting productivity for employees, onsite partners and contractors, as well as enhancing customer experience and satisfaction, and increasing sales and loyalty at a cost usually less than that of deploying a wired infrastructure. Additionally, wireless performance levels now must be capable of supporting bandwidth-intensive mobile applications such as HD video and voice over IP (VoIP) to guarantee acceptable quality of service levels.
While many organizations struggle with the concern that increasing security will result in a poorly performing network, Dell’s comprehensive wireless network security solutions are some of the few in the industry that are both easy to install and easy to manage – offering deep packet inspection comparable to wired networks, delivering greater security, and providing exceptional performance at a lower total cost of ownership than deploying an enterprise-level firewall.
Dell TZ wireless firewalls provide enterprise-grade security and high-performance wireless access
Dell’s wireless network security solutions combine high-performance 802.11ac wireless technology with the new, next-generation wireless TZ series firewalls to deliver enterprise-class wireless performance and security, while dramatically simplifying network setup and management. The new TZ series firewalls secure the wireless network by scanning wireless traffic coming into and going out of the network and decontaminating it from network threats, and leverage deep packet inspection (DPI) to provide excellent performance while also protecting the network from wireless intrusion attacks. Benefits of the new Dell SonicWALL TZ Wireless Series include:
- Exceptional security that keeps the network safe from sophisticated modern threats with highly effective anti-malware, intrusion prevention and a proven security architecture. Attain a higher level of security with deep packet inspection on all traffic – including encrypted SSL connections.
- Deep packet inspection to scrub traffic using an array of intrusion prevention, SSL decryption and inspection, application control, and content filtering technologies, all of which provide broad protection from unwanted intrusions, corrupt websites, and hidden malware. The Dell SonicWALL TZ600 features 67 percent faster DPI performance than the Fortinet FG-100D firewall1.
- The flexibility and scalability to deliver secure, high-speed 802.11ac wireless connectivity wherever it is needed. Integrated wireless can be used for those who work in close proximity to the firewall, or for larger deployments, multiple external Dell SonicPoint wireless access points can be added to increase the number of users and devices that can connect to the wireless LAN as needed.
- Inspection of files at line speed without limits on file size. Using the latest technologies, Dell’s wireless solution uses the new 802.11ac standard to deliver up to three times the speed of competitive 802.11n solutions. This enables wireless to become transparent to the user because waiting for files to download is not an issue.
- Impressively low TCO with a user-friendly GUI to drive down costs by simplifying deployment and ongoing management.
- The Dell SonicWALL TZ300 Wireless-AC, TZ400 Wireless-AC and TZ500 Wireless-AC are available immediately, while the SOHO Wireless-N solution will be available in August
- The Dell SonicPoints wireless access points are available immediately
- Dell solutions are available via Dell.com and through channel partners
Patrick Sweeney, executive director, Dell Security
“Attacks against all networks – including wireless networks – are becoming more sophisticated, and require a solution that ensures the highest level of security without compromising performance or bandwidth. We observed a 100 percent increase in the use of HTTPS traffic to obfuscate content. Whether that is wired or wireless traffic, it’s a problem for security. Dell SonicWALL TZ wireless firewalls support the latest high-speed 802.11ac wireless standard, as well as the ability to inspect encrypted traffic, helping to ensure ultra-secure connectivity. Our TZ wireless firewalls also provide a multi-layered approach to security that leverages our industry-leading deep packet inspection, application intelligence, control and visualization, as well as central management technology to provide an easy-to-deploy, high performing solution for both SMBs and large, distributed enterprises.”
Kathleen Chugh, vice president of information technology, Bravo/Brio Restaurant Group
“We recognized early on that offering guests WiFi access would elevate customer service across our 114 restaurants in 31 states. Yet, we knew that protecting cardholder data was first and foremost. With Dell SonicWALL’s cost-effective and easy-to-deploy and manage wireless network security solutions, we have the peace of mind in knowing that all the security features we need are PCI compliant and right at the perimeter to ensure the highest levels of secure access for our customers.”
Tim Martinez, president, Western NRG, Inc.
“Since I upgraded my remote office to the new TZ500 wireless, I have noticed a substantial increase in my Internet speeds. I am truly taking advantage of the 100Mb download offering from my ISP. In addition, I have also added the new SonicPoint ACi to the network, which allows me to connect anywhere in the multi-story 3400-square-foot facility. I now have seamless wireless access to networking resources with amazing speeds.”
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/DellSecurity
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DellSecurity
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/grp/home?gid=52461
- Dell Software YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/DellSoftwareVideo
Dell Inc. listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com.
Join us Oct. 20-22 at Dell World 2015, Dell’s flagship event bringing together technology and business professionals to network, share ideas and help co-create a better future. Learn more at www.dellworld.com and follow #DellWorld on Twitter.
Tweet This: New @Dell SonicWALL TZ Wireless #Firewalls for SMBs and distributed networks over wired & wireless: http://dell.to/1CZU7cL
Dell is a trademark of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.
1 Based on Dell internal comparison of the Dell SonicWALL TZ600 full DPI throughput system specification of 500 Mbps and the Fortinet FG-100D firewall data sheet system specification of 300 Mbps, July 2015. SonicWALL throughput measured using industry standard Spirent WebAvalanche HTTP performance test and Ixia test tools. Testing done with multiple flows through multiple port pairs. Actual performance will vary