NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Herrick, Feinstein LLP, a prominent mid-sized law firm, is pleased to announce that noted sports lawyer Jared F. Bartie has joined Herrick’s Sports Law Group.
Jared has more than two decades of legal and business experience in the sports and media industries. During the course of his career he has held senior positions with several major sports and media entities, including the National Basketball Association (NBA), the NBA’s Charlotte Bobcats, the United States Tennis Association, World Wrestling Entertainment and Black Entertainment Television.
Prior to joining Herrick, Jared served as outside counsel to a diverse group of sports clients, including professional sports teams, investors, consumer products companies, a “Power Five” NCAA conference and a national governing body. His experience covers a broad range of areas including naming rights, sponsorship, media, concessions, apparel and team acquisition transactions.
Jared’s diverse experience significantly enhances the capabilities of Herrick’s Sports Law Group, which is nationally-ranked for excellence by Chambers USA, and has been a leader in the field for more than four decades.
“Jared is a talented lawyer who possesses great business savvy and who is well connected across the sports and media landscapes,” said John Ruzich, Senior Vice President & General Counsel of Legends, a company Herrick’s Sports Law Group has advised since it was formed in 2008. “His diverse background as an attorney, business executive and an operator is what sets him apart from his peers. Jared joining Herrick's already outstanding sports law practice further establishes Herrick’s place at the top of the list of go-to firms for sports and media matters.”
"Jared is a trusted legal and business adviser to a number of the biggest organizations in sports,” said Irwin A. Kishner, Chairman of Herrick's Executive Committee. “Jared’s arrival significantly adds to our transactional depth, and the unique operational insights he can provide will be especially valuable to our roster of sports and media clients.”
About Herrick’s Sports Law Group:
For more than four decades, Herrick’s Sports Law Group has helped the world’s greatest sports entities stay ahead of the game.
Herrick’s Sports Law Group, which is nationally-ranked for excellence by Chambers USA, offers clients the benefit of a complete roster of seasoned attorneys. Our team includes more than 20 attorneys, experienced in sports-related corporate, tax and real estate matters, debt and equity financing, project development, government relations, intellectual property, litigation and bankruptcy matters.
Our roster of clients includes world-class leagues and teams, owners and executives, athletes, sports agencies, investors, rights owners and holders, licensors and licensees, sponsors, advertisers, event promoters and technology providers.
Many of the industry’s transformative concepts – including regional sports broadcasting, pay-per-view telecasts and premium stadium experiences – were brought to life by Herrick clients, who relied on our guidance from idea to execution.
Some of our recent high-profile transactions include:
- Advising Top Rank, Inc. in the agreement among the co-promoters and pay-per-view broadcasters, as well as the international television sales agreements for Mayweather-Pacquiao, the highest grossing one-day sporting event in history.
- The formation of Major League Soccer's New York City Football Club, its radio rights deal, and negotiations for the financing and development of a new soccer stadium
- Advising Major League Baseball’s Chicago Cubs and New York Yankees in their recent radio broadcast rights deals
- Advising New City Development in a proposed $4.2 billion plan to develop a new stadium for the National Football League’s Oakland Raiders
- Advising Legends in a deal to develop and operate One World Observatory, and a strategic partnership with Live Nation, which has Legends operating food and beverage services at 34 of Live Nation’s music venues in North America
- Advising the National Hockey League’s Tampa Bay Lightning in a naming rights deal for Tampa’s Amalie Arena