DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/55wf5q/governance_risk) has announced the addition of the "Governance, Risk and Compliance - The Bahamian Insurance Industry" report to their offering.
'Governance, Risk and Compliance - The Bahamian Insurance Industry' report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in the Bahamas. It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operations of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, recent and upcoming changes in the regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
- The Bahamian insurance industry is governed by the Insurance Commission of the Bahamas (ICB), a quasi-government organization.
- Composite insurance is not allowed in the Bahamian insurance industry.
- 100% FDI is permitted in the Bahamian insurance industry.
- Non-admitted insurance is prohibited by law. However, reinsurers and risks that are not covered by domestic insurers are exceptions.
- On July 30, 2014, the ICB issued a notice on premium tax payment and quarterly premium reporting requirements.
Key Topics Covered:
2 Governance, Risk and Compliance
2.1 Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
2.2 Latest Changes in Regulations
2.3 Legislation and Market Practice by Type of Insurance
2.4 Compulsory Insurance
2.5 Supervision and Control
2.6 Non-Admitted Insurance Regulations
2.7 Company Registration and Operations
2.9 Legal System
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/55wf5q/governance_risk