SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) today announced Amazon Home Services (www.amazon.com/services) has expanded the number of providers and the services they offer in 15 metropolitan areas, including Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, Miami, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San Diego, San Jose and Washington D.C., adding to existing availability in New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Seattle. Amazon Home Services now includes over 15 million unique services across more than 900 professional services.
Amazon Home Services now offers two ways for customers to shop: custom and pre-packaged services. With custom services, customers can create free requests by simply describing what needs to be done using text and photos and submitting a request to get estimates from local pros. Custom projects can include anything from painting a room to home entertainment setup to central air installation. Customers can also select from hundreds of popular pre-packaged services, such as TV Wall Mounting, Basketball Hoop Assembly or Faucet Replacement. Both custom and pre-packaged services are backed by Amazon’s Happiness Guarantee, award-winning customer service and free verified purchase reviews, so customers can rest easy knowing the job will get done right.
“Amazon Home Services makes buying a service as easy as buying a product on Amazon,” said Nish Lathia, General Manager of Amazon Home Services. “We are excited to expand our offers and availability across the country, providing customers with a quick and simple way to purchase services and service pros with a trusted and familiar marketplace to reach local customers. We’re also excited to see the growth in custom service requests with completed projects ranging from central air installation to home entertainment setup.”
Since launching Amazon Home Services on March 30th:
- Service pros average 4.71 out of 5 stars
- 92% of customers surveyed say they would recommend Amazon Home Services to a friend
- On Prime Day, the number of custom estimate requests increased 25X compared to the same day the week prior
- In the first half of July, we received nearly 2X the number of orders that we fulfilled in June
- Customers are 11X more likely to leave reviews on verified services purchases than on products
- In the last three months, the number of new applications from service pros has increased 4X
Recent customer reviews highlight the simplicity of the new service and value of working directly with pros, for example:
- “Outstanding work. Will recommend without hesitation.” – Simon, New York City
- “Amazon does a superb job vetting their installation specialists and it shows. Truly a job extremely well done.” – Dave, Fox Island, WA
- “Love the new ability to hire local services through Amazon. Highly recommend.” – Audra, Manhattan Beach, CA
Amazon Home Services features a growing list of local pros. Service pros that have used Amazon Home Services to grow their business have said:
- “I had to hire 7 new technicians to keep up with the business I’m receiving from Amazon.” – Sonny, Sonny’s Handyman Services, San Jose
- “I love Amazon’s reviews platform. I work hard to make sure my customers are 100% satisfied and it comes across in the reviews.” – Andrew, Installation Services, New York
To get started with your next home project or to sign-up as a service provider, visit www.amazon.com/services.
Amazon.com opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995. The company is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire phone, Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon.