CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Management consultancy Oliver Wyman and its Health Innovation Center (OWHIC) announced today the confirmed speaker lineup for its second annual Oliver Wyman Health Innovation Summit, an invitation-only event to be held in Chicago on October 12-14, 2015. The keynote speakers will be Dr. Karen DeSalvo, National Coordinator for Health Information Technology and Acting Assistant Secretary for Health, US Department of Health and Human Services, and Glen Tullman, Chairman and CEO of Livongo Health, along with other influential CEOs and innovative leaders, including:
- Mary Brainerd, President and CEO, HealthPartners
- Rushika Fernandopulle, MD, Co-Founder and CEO, Iora Health
- Mark Ganz, President and CEO, Cambia Health Solutions
- Patrick Geraghty, Chairman and CEO, GuideWell
- Stephen Hemsley, CEO, UnitedHealth Group
- Dan Hilferty, President and CEO, Independence Blue Cross
- Cheryl Hughey, Senior Director of Culture Services, Southwest Airlines
- Howard Jacob, President and Chief Scientific Officer, Envision Genomics | EVP for Medical Genomics and Chief Medical Genomics Officer, HudsonAlpha Institute for Biotechnology
- Shawn Leavitt, SVP of Global Benefits, Comcast Cable and NBCUniversal
- Harry Leider, MD, Chief Medical Officer and Group Vice President, Walgreens
- Marcus Osborne, Vice President, Health and Wellness Payer Relations, Walmart
- Adrian Slywotzky, Partner Emeritus, Oliver Wyman
- Sam Srivastava, CEO, Magellan Healthcare
- John Standley, Chairman and CEO, Rite Aid
- Lisa Suennen, Managing Partner, Venture Valkyrie Consulting
- Grace Terrell, MD, President and CEO, Cornerstone Health Care
The 2014 exclusive event gathered 500 senior leaders – over 50% C-Suite, across 30 states, 6 countries, and a dozen industry sectors. Similar attendees are expected this year.
The Oliver Wyman Health Innovation Summit was created to convene leaders committed to The Patient to Consumer Revolution and the market transformation that will migrate $1TN to new players, new industry segments, and traditional companies that are delivering better health value. “Once again, we expect the 2015 Health Innovation Summit to catalyze collaboration by bringing together the most influential market leaders to actively shape and create the future,” said Terry Stone, Global Managing Partner for Oliver Wyman’s Health and Life Sciences Practice. “Every aspect of the Summit is designed to enable participants to share, debate, and experience what the future of healthcare can and should be.”
The Oliver Wyman Health Innovation Summit is supported by Alignment Healthcare, Allscripts, GuideWell, Medfusion, Rite Aid, Softheon, CHESS, HudsonAlpha Institute for Biotechnology, Livongo Health, Magellan Healthcare, Mosaic Health Solutions, Motive Medical Intelligence, Optum, Pfizer, American Well, and Zipongo.
For more information, including a complete agenda and roster of guest speakers, please visit the event website or download the event brochure. Follow #OWHIC on Twitter for updates on the event and the Health Innovation Center.
About Oliver Wyman
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 50+ cities across 26 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. The firm's 3,700 professionals help clients optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies [NYSE:MMC]. For more information, visit www.oliverwyman.com. Follow Oliver Wyman on Twitter @OliverWyman
Oliver Wyman’s Health & Life Sciences practice serves clients in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical devices, provider, and payer sectors with strategic, operational, and organizational advice. Deep healthcare knowledge and capabilities allow the practice to deliver fact-based solutions.
About the Oliver Wyman Health Innovation Center
Oliver Wyman launched the Health Innovation Center (OWHIC) in 2011 dedicated to promoting positive change in healthcare. OWHIC champions innovation by disseminating proven innovations; envisioning market-based solutions to today’s and tomorrow’s challenges; and establishing a cross-industry community of thought-leaders to share and shape ideas.
For the latest on the new world of healthcare, visit the Oliver Wyman blog, Transforming Healthcare, at blogs.oliverwyman.com/healthcare/.