DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/sm5sqw/global_butadiene) has announced the addition of the "Global Butadiene Market Forecast and Opportunities, 2020" report to their offering.
Global butadiene market is forecast to cross 13 million metric tons in volume terms by 2020, on account of rising investments and expanding synthetic rubber manufacturing sector
In addition, growing automotive industry, especially in Asia-Pacific, is projected to drive the market for butadiene over the next five years. SBR and PBR are two prime derivatives that accounted for a lion's share of the total butadiene consumption in 2014.
Butadiene, an organic compound, is obtained as a by-product during the production of ethylene and propylene. Conventionally, butadiene was produced through steam cracking of naphtha followed by extractive distillation. Dehydrogenation of butane or ethanol is also one of the processes used for producing butadiene. On account of high cost involved in producing butadiene by conventional methods and recent discoveries shale gas, especially in the United States, producers are shifting to using lighter feedstock, such as ethane and propane, for producing butadiene.
Synthetic rubber industry is the largest consumer of butadiene, wherein it is processed for producing derivatives such as Styrene Butadiene Rubber (SBR), Polybutadiene Rubber (PBR), Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene Resins (ABS), Styrene Butadiene Latex (SB Latex), Adiponitrile, and Nitrile Rubber (NR). These derivatives are majorly used across automotive sector for manufacturing tyres and other components.
Few of the major global players involved in butadiene production include Lyondel Basell, Royal Dutch Shell, TPC Group, BASF and Braskem.
Global Butadiene Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2020 report elaborates following aspects related to global butadiene market:
- Global Butadiene Market Size, Share & Forecast
- Segmental Analysis - By Application (Elastomers and Others) and Derivative (Adiponitrile, SB Latex, ABS Resin, SBR and PBR)
- Regional Analysis (Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe & Others)
- Changing Market Trends & Emerging Opportunities
- Competitive Landscape & Strategic Recommendations
Market Trends & Developments
- High-cis Polybutadiene Rubber
- Increasing Ethylene Cracking Capacity
- Feed Stock Shift
- Green tyres
- Increasing Ground Rubber Applications
- Investments in bio based Butadiene
- Global Tyre Industry- Reflects Strong Investments
- Dehydrogenation Process
Key Topics Covered:
1. Research Methodology
2. Analyst View
3. Product Overview
4. Global Butadiene Market Overview
5. Global Butadiene Market Outlook
6. Asia-Pacific Butadiene Market Overview
7. Asia-Pacific Butadiene Market Outlook
8. North America Butadiene Market Overview
9. North America Butadiene Market Outlook
10. Europe Butadiene Market Overview
11. Europe Butadiene Market Outlook
12. Market Dynamics
13. Market Trends & Developments
14. Competitive Landscape
15. Strategic Recommendations
16. Butadiene Distributors
- BASF SE
- Braskem SE
- CPC Corporation
- Evonik Industries AG
- Exxon Mobil Corporation
- Formosa Petrochemical Corporation
- Ineos Group
- JSR Corporation
- LG Chem, Ltd.
- LyondellBasell Industries NV
- PetroChina Company Ltd.
- Reliance Industries Limited
- Royal Dutch Shell PLC
- Saudi Basic Industries Corp.
- Sinopec Corporation
- TPC Group
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Zeon Corporation
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/sm5sqw/global_butadiene