ATLANTA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Promethean is pleased to announce the winners of The 2015 Cann Awards. Established in honor of Promethean’s founder Tony Cann, The Cann Awards honor the best in teaching from around the world, celebrating exceptional teachers and their contributions to society. The five 2015 award recipients were recognized at the inaugural Outstanding Educators Luncheon on June 29 in Philadelphia, Pa.
The five winning teachers for the 2015 cycle of The Cann Awards are:
- Mr. Pierre Gamache, secondary school music teacher, Canada
- Mr. Cedric Lenox, middle and high school social studies teacher, United States
- Mr. Cyril Michau, mathematics teacher and technology trainer, France
- Ms. Irma Muñoz, secondary school science and mathematics teacher, Mexico
- Ms. Cecilia Stanton, high school Spanish teacher, United States
“Great teachers instill in us the confidence, curiosity and passion that drives us to reach for – and achieve – our dreams,” said Jim Marshall, CEO of Promethean. “Each of our 2015 Cann Award winners has inspired their students toward their personal best. They had a lasting impact on their students’ lives. We’re honored and excited to recognize these outstanding teachers. Congratulations to our 2015 honorees!”
A former student nominated each winning teacher with a short written or video essay. A panel of judges evaluated all the submissions and selected the above winners based on how they exemplified the following traits:
- Displayed excellent leadership qualities
- Encouraged students to explore and create
- Inspired critical thinking among students
- Prioritized the individual needs of each learner
- Gave successful direction to students’ future plans
- Motivated students toward positive ways of thinking and living
- Developed problem solving skills and attitudes in students.
“The 2015 Cann Award winners were found to exude the qualities of an outstanding educator in abundance,” said Marshall. “At Promethean, we are inspired by the mission of teachers and are truly motivated by the contributions and sacrifices that teachers make every day to engage, educate and inspire their students. Our goal when we envisioned The Cann Awards was to say ‘thank you’ and to honor teachers who dedicate themselves to the development of their learners. Taking a moment to spotlight these five exemplary educators from around the world for going above and beyond the call of duty is a privilege.”
In addition to receiving a 2015 Cann Award, each teacher selected a charity to receive a $2,500 donation from Promethean.
To learn more about The Cann Awards and the 2015 award winners, visit www.TheCannAwards.com.
Promethean (LSE: PRW) is a global education company that improves learning productivity by developing, integrating and implementing innovative 21st century learning environments that help make everyone more engaged, empowered and successful. Headquartered in the UK, with a US office in Atlanta, Georgia, Promethean World Plc is listed on the main market of the London Stock Exchange. More information about Promethean is available at www.PrometheanWorld.com.
©Promethean 2015. All Rights Reserved. Promethean and the Promethean logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Promethean Limited in the United Kingdom, United States and other countries around the world.