TOKYO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--A new research study conducted at IMG Academy, the largest and most advanced multi-sport training and educational institution in the world, reveals that the airweave high rebound bedding topper improves youth athletic performance. The sleep study led by airweave, the top-selling brand of premium bedding toppers and pillows in Japan, was conducted by Professor Seiji Nishino with the Circadian Neurobiology Laboratory at the Stanford University School of Medicine. Based on the results of this study, airweave will increase their support of top athletes throughout the world.
In 2011, airweave began supplying IMG Academy a number of bedding toppers to encourage better and more restorative sleep among student-athletes and ultimately help them achieve optimal performance. By 2013, all of the beds at the Academy were furnished with airweave bedding toppers, and the sleep study to compare airweave high rebound bedding toppers with standard low rebound mattresses entered a new phase. The study evaluates the effect of good sleep on athletic performance and includes statistical analysis to examine how various sleeping environments effect sleep, sleep-related physiology and athletic performance across three quantitative measures (40-meter sprint, long jump and star drill). In addition to showing that athletes who used the high rebound topper experienced greater amounts of deep sleep than athletes with a traditional low rebound mattress, the study revealed tendencies of improved performance across all three quantitative measures in athletes who slept on the airweave bedding toppers (see complete study).
“Our products’ benefits are scientifically proven,” said Mr. Motokuni Takaoka, president and CEO of airweave. “We will leverage this scientific data to develop even more advanced bedding toppers to provide quality sleep to people throughout the world.”
Founded in 2007, airweave has been offering comfortable support for the best possible quality sleep. The scientifically supported airweave topper allows for more restful slumber, through its ergonomic, breathable design and high resilience, which help users turn over more easily. airweave is proven to minimize strain on joints and reduce restlessness while sleeping. It distributes weight evenly to create a life-enhancing sleep experience that leaves people feeling invigorated and refreshed upon waking. Motokuni Takaoka, the founder and CEO of airweave, brought his innovative Japanese technology to the United States via online sales in 2014, and in February 2015, airweave opened its first flagship store in Manhattan’s SoHo district. As of June 2015, airweave is available in China, Singapore, Taiwan and other regions, with further business expansions planned around the world.
airweave is enhancing the daily life and athletic performance of its users, which include:
- Several National Olympic Delegations including the United States, Austria, France, Germany, Switzerland and Japan. Nearly 33% of the medaling athletes at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games were members of Olympic Teams to which airweave supplied bedding toppers;
- Top amateur and professional athletes around the globe, including two-time Masters Champion Bubba Watson, U.S. Olympic Gold medalist ice dancers, Meryl Davis and Charlie White;
- Students at the Paris Opera Ballet School, where all beds in the dormitory are furnished with airweave bedding toppers;
- Students at The Royal Ballet School in London where airweave mattress toppers have been introduced to their younger students at White Lodge dormitory;
- More than 500 students of IMG Academy whose residence hall features airweave bedding toppers. (Sleep research has been conducted at the Academy to measure the effect of airweave bedding toppers on athletic performance.);
- First and business class passengers of Japan Airlines international flights;
- Guests at high-end hotels, such as Hôtel Hermitage Monte-Carlo, Four Seasons Hotel Tokyo at Marunouchi, The Ritz Carlton Shanghai Pudong, The Ritz-Carlton Beijing Financial Street and Park Hyatt Shanghai.
- Team USA who has appointed airweave as Official Mattress Pad Supplier;
For more information, visit airweave.com (http://www.airweave.com/)
Four benefits of airweave bedding topper
- Highly resilient bedding material allows you to turn over more easily and maintain deeper sleep.
- Excellent dispersion of body pressure prevents physical strain and minimizes peak pressure points.
- Breathability of core material helps to dissipate heat and moisture generated by body during sleep.
- Mattress cover and core material are easily washable with water.
Source: airweave holdings inc.
About IMG Academy
IMG Academy is the world’s largest and most advanced multi-sport training and educational institution. IMG Academy helps countless youth, adult, collegiate and professional athletes reach their full potential in and out of sport by providing world-class teaching and coaching, tailored programs and professional facilities. 98% of IMG Academy’s student-athletes matriculate into top universities, 60% of which are Division I; the remaining 2% historically turn pro. Based in Bradenton, Florida, IMG Academy also serves as a training and competition venue for amateur and professional teams, a host site for a variety of events, and a hub for sports performance research and innovation.