SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Quorum, the leader in instant disaster recovery and business continuity, has teamed up with the Sonoran Desert Security User Group (SDSUG) to support the American Service Animal Society (ASAS), a nonprofit group dedicated to helping disabled veterans live more productive lives with trained service animals.
The SDSUG is a group of information technology professionals in the Phoenix metro area dedicated to the security of digital systems. During a recent quarterly meeting, more than 100 IT security, data and networking professionals were treated to a memorable presentation by an ASAS certified trainer, accompanied by two disabled veterans and their service dogs.
“I have personally seen how a service dog has a powerful healing impact on a disabled veteran, including improved sleep, decreased startle responses and a decrease in the need for medication,” said Leo J. Hauguel, founder and president of the Sonoran Desert Security User Group. “Together with Quorum, we are proud to recognize the American Service Animal Society, and its mission to help veterans train service dogs.”
“We are delighted and honored to join with the SDSUG in supporting the American Service Animal Society and its vision to improve the lives of individuals through the powerful connection between dogs and humans,” said Sharon Moses, director of marketing at Quorum. “These efforts enable disabled veterans to move closer to the lives they once lived, helping them relearn trust and love and reminding us all of the healing powers of man’s best friend.”
In recognition of the SDSUG’s ongoing support of the ASAS, Quorum has announced that, for the rest of this year, it would make a donation to the ASAS for every registered attendee of the following SDSUG events:
- Sonoran Desert Security User Group Quarterly meeting - Aug. 12, 2015 at the Rio Salado College, Tempe, Arizona.
- The 7th Annual Arizona Technology Summit - Sept. 16, 2015 at the Phoenix Convention Center (South Ballroom). Register Now with the code SDSUG to receive a complimentary registration to this year's conference.
- Sonoran Desert Security User Group Quarterly Meeting – Nov. 4, 2015 at the University of Advancing Technology (UAT), Tempe, Arizona.
- Phoenix Tech-Security Conference - Nov. 19, 2015 at location to be determined.
- Aug. 13, 2015 at the Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Oct. 22, 2015 at the Spokane Convention Center, Spokane, Washington
- Nov. 12, 2015 at the Doubletree Warren Place, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Dec. 3, 2015 at the CenturyLink Center, Omaha Nebraska
- July 30, 2015 at the Overland Park Convention Center, Kansas City, Missouri
- Aug. 27, 2015 at the Irving Convention Center, Dallas, Texas
- Sep. 10, 2015 at the Sheraton Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Sep. 24, 2015 at the Saint Paul RiverCentre, St. Paul, Minnesota
- Oct. 22, 2015 at the Salt Palace Convention Center, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Nov. 5, 2015 at the Hilton Anaheim, Anaheim, California
- Nov. 18, 2015 at the Colorado Convention Center, Denver, Colorado
- Dec. 10, 2015 at the Washington State Convention Center, Seattle, Washington
The American Service Animal Society (ASAS), founded in 2006, is a nonprofit organization dedicated to enabling disabled veterans live a happier and healthier life through the use of service animals. ASAS team members and volunteers are a caring supportive, headstrong group of people committed to improving the liberties of the disabled, by raising awareness and educating the public through the service animal team.
The Sonoran Desert Security User Group (SDSUG) was established on September 25, 2001 by Leo J. Hauguel, CISSP, NSA-IAM. SDSUG is sponsored by Rivera Consulting Group. Since 2001, SDSUG has grown to be one of the largest security user groups in the world with over 950 members. SDSUG meets on a quarterly basis and is open to any IT professional concerned about the security of information systems.
Quorum® provides assured instant recovery, and continuity, helping businesses safeguard their revenue, customers and reputation. The award-winning Quorum series of appliance and DRaaS/hybrid cloud solutions makes continuity a reality for the midmarket, letting them recover from any type of disaster within minutes. Most importantly, Quorum is simple and cost-effective. If your company avoids just 30 minutes of downtime, the Quorum solution pays for itself. The company is headquartered in San Jose, Calif. To learn more, please follow us on Twitter @quorumlabs, check out our Facebook page or visit www.quorum.net.