BOCA RATON, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Office Depot, Inc. (NASDAQ:ODP), a leading global provider of office products, services, and solutions and parent company of Office Depot and OfficeMax, has the school supplies students, parents and teachers need to ‘Gear Up for School’ this back-to-school season. Whether it’s the first day of grade school or college, Office Depot and OfficeMax stores have the coolest gear with great savings.
“The first day of school can be intimidating for students, but the right gear provides them with the confidence they need to perform at their peak throughout the year,” said Tim Rea, executive vice president and chief marketing officer for Office Depot, Inc. “Students, parents and teachers can find the right school gear at Office Depot and OfficeMax stores to make this year a successful one.”
From the hottest backpacks to personalized notebooks and the latest tech products, Office Depot and OfficeMax stores are your one-stop-shop for the right back-to-school gear that will help everyone feel confident they can perform at their peak. With every new school year offering a fresh start, Office Depot has the style students want, the prices parents love and the tools teachers need to make the school year great.
‘Gear Up for School’ with Stylish Must-Have School Gear:
- Core Fashion Supplies: Studious meets stylish with the exclusive DiVoga® brand fashion collections: Gold Struck and Metallic Pop available at Office Depot and OfficeMax.
- The Right Writing Tools: Choose from cute cupcake eraser sets, fuzzy & glitter pencils, sturdy and smooth TUL ballpoint gel pens, and more to match your personality and make a splash.
- Bold Backpacks: Trendy and functional backpacks for students of any age at a great savings of 30 percent off, including SwissGear®, Jansport®, High Sierra®, Reebok®, Kenneth Cole® and more.
‘Gear Up for College’ with the Latest Tech and Dorm Room Gear:
- Tech’d Out: College students gear up with great tech, such as the Dell™ Inspiron 13 7000 series 2-in-1 laptop, which combines the powerful performance of a laptop and the versatility of a tablet that includes a built-in stylus.
BTS Laptop Bundle: Office Depot and OfficeMax are also offering
a Dell back-to-school bundle that includes a Dell laptop,
Microsoft Office 365, McAfee Internet Security to protect your
computer from viruses, and a Microsoft wireless mouse. For just
$399, a $300 savings, this bundle offer is available July
12 – Sept. 20.
- The Dell laptop features a 15.6” touchscreen, a powerful AMD A8 processor, 6GB of memory and 1TB of hard drive space. That’s enough space to store thousands of songs, pictures and videos, and plenty of school reports or papers.
Upgrade this device and other qualified devices with Windows 8.1 purchased at Office Depot or OfficeMax stores to the new Windows 10, and one of our Tech Services associates will install it for free in-store beginning Aug. 2 (a $49.99 value).
- Stylish Storage: Really Useful Boxes® offers options to help keep you organized with apple or butterfly desktop-size storage boxes. Additional, interchangeable boxes in colors such as clear, pink, purple and blue that fit inside are sold separately.
- Furniture Faves: College bound? Try the See Jane Work ® Kate desk with matching file seat in black or white for your dorm room work space. A bungee chair by Brenton Studio in pink and gray or black and gray, is great for lounging in between studying.
Penny Deals, Tax-Free Weekends, and More Savings to ‘Gear Up for School’
- Penny Deals on sale for one cent (limit 3 per household with a $5 minimum purchase and valid until July 11):
- Tug 2 hole Manual Pencil Sharpener (reg. $1.39)
- Office Depot Pencil Pouch (reg. $2.29)
- Office Depot 3pk Beveled Erasers (reg. $2.49)
- Tax-free weekends at Office Depot and OfficeMax retail locations offer fantastic back-to-school supplies with no state sales tax on qualifying purchases in local markets. Check your local inserts for qualifying items and other special deals/promotions.
- Price match guarantee ensures customers are getting all the gear they need for the school year at great savings. Read more about our price match guarantee here.
Teachers ‘Gear Up for School’ During Teacher Appreciation DaysOffice Depot celebrates educators during Teacher Appreciation Days on Aug. 1-4 and Aug. 29 - Sept. 1. Teachers can receive a coupon for a 25 percent discount off qualifying purchases1, as well as a free calendar filled with a year’s worth of savings for Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards members.
New this year, Office Depot is the official provider of office supplies for Disney’s The Lion King experience, a holistic arts education program that gives accredited elementary and middle schools the opportunity to produce condensed, age-appropriate adaptations of The Lion King. The Lion King experience features a rigorous curriculum designed to introduce teachers and students to a wide range of theatrical skills. Through the curriculum, teachers and students examine theatrical processes before applying the skills they’ve learned to put on the KIDS edition (for elementary students) or JR. edition (for middle school students) of their own production of The Lion King.
About Office Depot, Inc.
Office Depot, Inc. is a leading global provider of products, services, and solutions for every workplace – whether your workplace is an office, home, school or car.
Office Depot, Inc. is a resource and a catalyst to help customers work better. We are a single source for everything customers need to be more productive, including the latest technology, core office supplies, print and document services, business services, facilities products, furniture, and school essentials.
The company has annual sales of approximately $16 billion, employs approximately 56,000 associates, and serves consumers and businesses in 56 countries with approximately 1,800 retail stores, award-winning e-commerce sites and a dedicated business-to-business sales organization – all delivered through a global network of wholly owned operations, joint ventures, franchisees, licensees and alliance partners. The company operates under several banner brands including Office Depot, OfficeMax, OfficeMax Grand & Toy, Reliable and Viking. The company’s portfolio of exclusive product brands include TUL, Foray, Brenton Studio, Ativa, WorkPro, Realspace and HighMark.
Office Depot, Inc.’s common stock is listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol ODP. Additional press information can be found at: http://news.officedepot.com.
1 Valid in store only for Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards program members. Excludes technology, consumer electronic products and accessories, media and software products, HP ink & toner and Epson ink. Other exclusions apply. See a store associate for coupon. Limit 1 per member. Coupons valid 08/01/15 - 08/04/15 11:59 PM ET and 08/29/15 - 09/01/15 11:59 PM ET.