NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Y&R closed out the Cannes Lions Festival of Creativity with its best performance to date, winning 89 Lions, a 35% increase over its previous agency record 2014 win count of 66 Lions.
For the second year in a row, Y&R had more offices contributing wins than any of the other top winning global agency networks, with 30 offices taking home Lions across every single region. Y&R, which was the fourth most-awarded network, finished the festival with one Grand Prix, 10 Gold, 25 Silver and 52 Bronze Lions, as well as one Chimera.
Y&R has more than doubled its number of Lions since 2011, when it took home 44. In each of the years since, the agency has increased its number of wins incrementally, as well as the number of offices entering the competition.
A few of the 2015 Cannes Lions highlights include:
- Y&R Team Red Istanbul won its first ever Grand Prix, in the Media category, for its “Red Light” campaign for a Vodafone app. The win was also the first Grand Prix for Turkey.
- Y&R Nairobi took home a Bronze Lion in Press for “Stories from the Congo,” a first win for the country of Kenya.
- Bravo/Y&R Miami, Red Fuse LatAm and Prague, VML Mexico, Y&R Turkey, Y&R/NMNI Serbia, Y&R Budapest and Iconmobile also all secured their first Cannes Lions.
- Y&R Shanghai won 7 Lions, including a Gold in Media for Xiao Zhu air purifiers, with the “Breathe Again” campaign.
- Y&R Latin America had a strong showing, with Prolam Y&R (Chile) and Y&R Sao Paolo (Brazil) each taking home 8 Lions, including 4 Golds, 5 Silvers, and 7 Bronzes.
- Australia’s GPY&R took home 12 Lions -- 8 in Melbourne and 4 in Brisbane – including a Gold in Pharma for “Messages from the Front Line” for the Australia Defence Force.
- In North America, Y&R New York and VML Kansas City, each took home 4 Lions. Y&R New York was recognized for work for Land Rover, and VML for campaigns for Gatorade and Wendy’s.
- Y&R Moscow won a Gold Lion in the brand new Creative Data category.
- Y&R/Wunderman Singapore took home a Cannes Chimera for The Finish Line, a global health and development initiative proposed to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the sponsors of the Chimera award.
“The competition is tougher than ever - with the Cannes Lions receiving a record 40,000-plus entries, and organizations of all types and sizes entering their best ideas – which makes each one of our 89 wins that much more special,” said Y&R Global Chief Creative Officer Tony Granger. “Our work from throughout our global network gets better every year, and we continue to stretch ourselves creatively.”
“We are very proud of our wins at Cannes this year, but singularly proud that our wins aren’t from one or two offices, but rather come from 30 offices across our entire global network. Every region is represented,” said David Sable, Global Chief Executive Officer of Y&R. “This is what our global boutique model is all about – strong local offices with deep roots in their marketplace further empowered by the shared global mission, values and resources.”
To see Y&R’s 2015 Cannes Lion-awarded work, go to http://cannes2015.yr.com.
Y&R is one of the leading global marketing communications companies. It is made up of the iconic Y&R Advertising agency; VML, one of the most highly regarded and fastest-growing digital agencies in the world, and iconmobile, one of the premier mobile marketing companies.
Y&R’s largest agency, Y&R Advertising, has 189 offices in 93 countries around the world, with clients that include Bel Brands, Campbell’s Soup Company, Colgate-Palmolive, Danone, Dell, GAP, Telefonica and Xerox, among many others.
Y&R is part of WPP (NASDAQ:WPPGY).
Follow us on: