BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Blueport Commerce, the leading provider of e-commerce technology and services delivering increased e-commerce and in-store sales for the retail furniture industry, today announced it has successfully relaunched the e-commerce website for Leon’s Furniture (TSX: LNF), Canada’s largest home furnishings retailer and #1 commercial appliance retailer.
The newly upgraded site features a fully responsive design, rendering beautifully across all browsers and devices, and cutting-edge e-commerce features that further bridge the online and in-store shopping experience in this high-touch, high-consideration, high-ticket category.
In the first month, the new site has generated impressive results including:
- 200% increase in revenue from smartphone sales
- 86% increase in revenue from tablets
- 37% increase in revenue across all devices
“We are thrilled with the results,” says Terry Leon, Chief Executive Officer of Leon’s. “Our website replatforming ties in with our larger corporate initiatives to make shopping Leon’s easy and seamless, whether our shoppers are in our stores or online, regardless of which device they prefer. Partnering with Blueport, with their understanding of our business and the technology to optimize it, continues to move us towards our goal of becoming Canada’s largest online provider of furniture, major appliances, home electronics, mattresses and home furnishings.”
“Mobile devices are playing a greater role in the way people shop every day. Over 80% of furniture purchases are influenced by the Internet, and half of all Internet searches for furniture happen on smartphones,” says Blueport Commerce President and Chief Executive Officer Carl Prindle. “Consumers expect to browse and shop as conveniently on their mobile devices as they do on their desktops, particularly in categories like furniture where store visits play such an important role. We’re constantly innovating on the Blueport Platform so furniture retailers stay ahead of the curve and capitalize on these shifts in consumer behavior.”
New Features and Functionality
The new Leon’s website features significant design and functionality improvements that rival the best e-commerce sites in any category, including:
- Advanced, predictive search functionality with in-search thumbnail images that allows both store associates and shoppers to find items by SKU, product name, popularity, top product matches or more general search terms, like “red sofas”
- Improved facets within category search pages that allow customizable filtering capabilities by price, dimensions, color/finish, style, function, sale/clearance items, new arrivals and more
- Cutting-edge behind-the-scenes search analytics and functionality for website administrators to update search results, redirects and optimize landing pages in real time
- Enhanced geo-location technology that allows shoppers to find nearby showroom locations displaying the products they’re looking for and the ability to schedule in-store pick-up or home delivery based on their local store
- Displaying real-time delivery and/or in-store pick-up dates on product detail pages, helping shoppers incorporate Leon’s quick delivery into their purchase decision
- New “Wish List” feature that allows shoppers to easily save items for later in-store viewing
- Overall design and UX improvements that facilitate faster, more intuitive and easy shopping such as smart breadcrumbs and “sticky” navigation that allows shoppers to access site navigation no matter how far they scroll down a page
- Greater integration with social media channels and other marketing efforts, including a “Get Inspired” page that pulls in live content streams from Leon’s Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram accounts
About Blueport Commerce
Blueport Commerce helps leading furniture retailers capture their e-commerce opportunity. We marry retailers' brick-and-mortar infrastructure and expertise with our decade of online furniture experience, innovative technology and unique marketing and sales solutions. $6.3 billion in retailers choose Blueport. For some retailers, Blueport's SaaS e-commerce platform powers their branded websites, driving sales online and in their stores. For other retailers, we drive online sales through Furniture.com, our e-commerce marketplace. For many retailers, we do both. Our technology is transforming furniture retail, for the 4% of sofas that sell online and the 96% that don't. Learn more at www.blueport.com.