DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/hr5vmz/base_metals) has announced the addition of the "Base Metals Mining in the US to 2020" report to their offering.
The report comprehensively covers US reserves of copper, lead and zinc, the historical and forecast data on US copper, lead and zinc production and production by state, copper, lead and zinc metal consumption and trade. The report also includes demand drivers affecting base metals mining in the US, profiles of major base metals (copper, lead and zinc) producing companies and information on the active, exploration and development copper, lead and zinc projects.
- This report estimates that the Pumpkin Hollow and Contact copper projects in Nevada, which are scheduled to commence production in 2016 and 2017 respectively, and the Rosemont project in Arizona, with a capacity of 110,223t and scheduled to start operations in 2017, will support copper mine production in the US.
- In 2014, the US ranked fifth globally with 35 million tonnes (Mt) of copper reserves, a 5% share of the global total. Copper reserves are mainly found in Arizona, Utah, New Mexico, Montana, Alaska, Nevada and Michigan, with Arizona having one of the world's three great clusters of porphyry copper deposits.
- The zinc-lead content in the Mississippi Valley type (MVT) deposit ranges from 5 -10%.
- The copper mining industry is expected to benefit from planned investments such as in the Cumo deposit at the south-western end of the Idaho-Montana porphyry belt and at Kennecott's Bingham Canyon mine which would extend the mine's life from 2018 to 2030.
Key Topics Covered
- Executive Summary
- Copper Mining in the US - Reserves, Production, Consumption and Trade
- Lead Mining in the US - Reserves, Production, Consumption and Trade
- Zinc Mining in the US - Reserves, Production, Consumption and Trade
- Competitive Landscape
- Fiscal Regime
- Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold
- Teck Resources
The Rio Tinto
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/hr5vmz/base_metals