BOXBOROUGH, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Egenera, a leader in converged infrastructure and cloud management software, today announced a new release of Egenera PAN Cloud Director, featuring billing, self-service and security enhancements as well as improvements in catalog flexibility.
PAN Cloud Director is part of Egenera Cloud Suite, an award-winning cloud orchestration platform that enables users to quickly create and manage scalable, secure and highly reliable private, public and hybrid cloud services. The software automates the implementation of complex IT environments including applications, networking and security workflows, and gives the operator a single control pane from which they can manage the commercial and technical engagement with their clients.
The new release reflects Egenera’s deep experience in delivering enterprise datacenter management software as well as first-hand experience in cloud operations from Egenera’s own Xterity Cloud Services operations.
Egenera Cloud Suite Enhancements
New capabilities of Egenera PAN Cloud Director include:
- Simplified reseller account management that enables resellers to efficiently manage their client accounts with customized invoices and usage statistics formatted with the company’s identity and branding.
- The addition of a distributor role that makes it easy for resellers to extend their markets, manage compensation to channels and help them build their business.
- Improved catalog flexibility that enables cloud operators to pick and choose among virtual resources and allows for easy expansion and adjustment to the cloud service available for resale to partners.
- The ability to create complex workload solutions using wizards that enable system architects to more easily edit and update solutions in development or already deployed.
- The ability for administrators to query and report on historical changes to resources and solutions, including investigation and reporting from change/audit log files, strengthening security and compliance requirements.
“This release of PAN Cloud Director will make it easier for MSPs to participate in the growing cloud computing market and will enable them to compete more effectively with public clouds. Enterprises can also look to PAN Cloud Director’s cloud orchestration tools to accelerate their move to the cloud,” said Dan Busby, vice president of product management at Egenera. “PAN Cloud Director’s new features make it easier for MSPs to expand catalog offerings to include their value add services, and to reduce CRM efforts with end user invoicing rapidly integrate expand their market share.”
As Egenera continues executing on its cloud vision and product roadmap, these new capabilities benefit both service providers and enterprise customers for mission critical cloud services. Egenera Cloud Suite’s unique ability to provision and manage physical, virtual and public cloud resources from one management interface continues to drive significant customer adoption with both MSP’s and in the enterprise market.
Converge. Unify. Simplify. That’s how Egenera brings confidence to the cloud. The company’s industry leading cloud and data center infrastructure management software, Egenera PAN Cloud Director™ and PAN Manager® software, provide a simple yet powerful way to quickly design, deploy and manage IT services while guaranteeing those cloud services automatically meet the security, performance and availability levels required by the business. Headquartered in Boxborough, Mass., Egenera has thousands of production installations globally, including premier enterprise data centers, service providers and government agencies. For more information on the company, please visit egenera.com. Follow Egenera on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.