WHO: Kobi Freedman is Co-Founder and CEO of Comilion, which is developing security intelligence sharing and collaboration networks for regulated and highly sensitive industries. Kobi has been immersed in the cyber security arena for over 15 years, first in the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) and then working with private sector companies. He participates in numerous Israeli and global policy work groups that set standards for cyber defense.
Dr. Andy Ozment, Assistant Secretary, Office of Cybersecurity and Communications, National Protections and Programs Directorate, US Department of Homeland Security
- Byron Collie, Technology Fellow, Director of Cyber Intelligence, The Goldman Sachs Group
- Robyn Greene, Policy Counsel, Open Technology Institute, New America Foundation
- Fred Schwien, Director of Homeland Security Programs & Strategy, The Boeing Company
WHAT: Cyber threat intelligence sharing and collaboration between the government and private sector, and within the private sector itself is growing. Still, security risk concerns and technical challenges remain to be overcome for collaboration to be more widely adopted. Until now, public-private collaboration has primarily been conducted through Information Sharing and Analysis Centers (ISACs). However, in February President Obama issued an Executive Order that calls for the development of Information Sharing Organizations (ISAOs) to promote public-private cybersecurity collaboration. During this session, the panel of experts will:
- Examine the role of various information sharing programs, including ISACs, ISAOs and the Department of Homeland Security’s programs
- Discuss the challenges that government agencies, law enforcement and private sector enterprises face in sharing cyber threat information
- Explain how public-private collaboration is different and more effective than cyber threat feeds, and what can be done to promote and make it possible
- Kobi Freedman will specifically focus on the challenges associated with global and multi-jurisdictional sharing and secured collaboration, and emerging technologies that solve these problems.
WHERE: SINET Innovation Summit 2015
The Times Center, 242 West 41st Street, New York, NY
WHEN: Thursday, June 25, 2015, 11:10 AM – 11:55 AM
HOW: To schedule a conversation with Mr. Freedman, contact Marc Gendron at 1-781-237-0341. To register, please visit: http://www.security-innovation.org/innovation-summit_2015.htm
Comilion is making secure, private and regulatory compliant information security collaboration between organizations in sensitive industries possible. Founded in 2013, Comilion is jointly headquartered in Tel Aviv and New York. Led by cyber security experts, Comilion is privately-held and backed by prominent international investment funds, leading cyber security evangelists, and the founders of Checkpoint, Imperva and Trusteer. For more information, visit http://www.comilion.com and follow us @comilion_info.