DENVER--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Fathom Events and UFC® have announced that UFC® 189: ALDO vs. MCGREGOR — the highly anticipated championship event of UFC’s 4th Annual International Fight Week™ celebration — will be broadcast live to select U.S. movie theaters on Saturday, July 11 at 7 p.m. PT/8 p.m. MT /9 p.m. CT/10 p.m. ET (countdown show starts 30 minutes prior) from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Tickets to watch UFC® 189: ALDO vs. MCGREGOR on the big screen are available at participating theater box offices and at www.FathomEvents.com. The event will be presented in more than 220 select movie theaters around the country through Fathom’s Digital Broadcast Network. For a complete list of theater locations, visit the Fathom Events website (theaters and participants are subject to change).
UFC® 189: ALDO vs. MCGREGOR showcases two title fights featuring four global superstars in the Octagon®. UFC featherweight champion Jose “Junior” Aldo of Brazil (25-1, fighting out of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil by way of Manaus, Brazil) will meet Ireland’s Conor McGregor (17-2, fighting out of Dublin, Ireland) in the five-round main event. Aldo, 18-0 since 2006, will be making his eighth featherweight title defense.
UFC welterweight champion "Ruthless" Robbie Lawler (25-10, fighting out of Coconut Creek, FL by way of San Diego, CA) will face Rory “Red King” MacDonald (18-2, fighting out of Montreal, Quebec Canada by way of Quesnel, B.C. Canada) in a rematch with the welterweight title on the line.
Other bouts include:
- Matt “The Immortal” Brown (21-13, fighting out of Columbus, OH by way of Xenia, OH) and Tim “The Dirty Bird” Means (24-6-1, fighting out of Albuquerque, NM by way of Wilburton, OK) will collide in a welterweight battle.
- Dennis “The Menace” Bermudez (15-4, fighting out of Lindenhurst, NY by way of Saugerties, NY) will take on Jeremy “Lil’ Heathen” Stephens (23-11, fighting out of San Diego, CA by way of Des Moines, IA) in a featherweight bout.
- Gunnar “Gunni” Nelson (13-1-1, fighting out of Reykjavik, Iceland) will face John “The Hitman” Hathaway (17-2, fighting out of Brighton, Sussex England) in a welterweight showdown.
- Brad “One Punch” Pickett (25-10, fighting out of East London, England) will face Thomas “Thominhas” Almeida (18-0, fighting out of Sao Paulo, Brazil) in a bantamweight division confrontation.
- Brandon “Rukus” Thatch (11-2, fighting out of Denver, CO) is set to meet John “Doomsday” Howard (22-11, fighting out of Boston, MA) in a welterweight match.
- Season one of The Ultimate Fighter® participant Mike “Quick” Swick (15-5, fighting out of San Jose, CA by way of Houston, TX) will return to the Octagon® for the first time in more than two and a half years when he meets Alex “The Dominican Nightmare” Garcia (12-2, fighting out of Montreal, Quebec Canada by way of Santiago, Dominican Republic).
- Cody “No Love” Garbrandt (6-0, fighting out of Sacramento, CA by way of Uhrichsville, OH) will square off in a bantamweight match up against Henry “Bure” Briones (19-4-1, fighting out of San Diego, CA by way of Tijuana, Baja California Mexico).
- Neil “2Tap” Seery (15-10, fighting out of Dublin, Ireland) and Louis “Da Last Samurai” Smolka (8-1, fighting out of Kapolei, HI by way of Honolulu, HI) will battle in a flyweight fight.
- Yosdenis "The Pink Panther" Cedeno (10-4, fighting out of Miami, FL by way of Havana, Cuba) is set to face Cody “The Fist” Pfister (11-4-1, fighting out of Boulder, CO by way of Amarillo, TX) in a lightweight bout.
The full fight card is available at http://www.ufc.com/event/UFC189.
“UFC® 189: ALDO vs. MCGREGOR is set to be another big night of exciting Octagon® action. With these top athletes going head-to-head, we predict that MMA fans coast-to-coast will come out victorious,” said Fathom Events Vice President of Programming Kymberli Frueh-Owens.
For more information or current fight news, visit UFC.com. All bouts are live and subject to change.
About Fathom Events
Fathom Events is the recognized leader in the alternative entertainment industry, offering a variety of one-of-a-kind entertainment events in movie theaters nationwide that include live, high-definition performances of the Metropolitan Opera, the performing arts, major sporting events, music concerts, comedy series, Broadway shows, original programming featuring entertainment’s biggest stars, socially relevant documentaries with audience Q&A and much more. Fathom Events takes audiences behind-the-scenes and offers unique extras, creating the ultimate entertainment experience. It is owned by a consortium called AC JV, LLC., comprised of AMC Entertainment Inc. (NYSE: AMC), Cinemark Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CNK) and Regal Entertainment Group (NYSE: RGC), the three largest movie theater circuits in the United States. In addition, Fathom Events’ live digital broadcast network (“DBN”) is the largest cinema broadcast network in North America, bringing live events to more than 820 locations in 177 Designated Market Areas® (including all of the top 50). For more information, visit www.fathomevents.com.
UFC® is the premier mixed martial arts (MMA) organization and largest pay-per-view event provider in the world. Headquartered in Las Vegas with offices in London, Toronto, Singapore and Sao Paulo, UFC produces more than 40 live events annually that consistently sell out some of the most prestigious arenas around the globe. UFC programming is broadcast in 134 countries and territories to over 700 million TV households worldwide in 21 different languages. The UFC has a multi-year broadcast agreement with FOX in the U.S., which annually includes four live events broadcast on the FOX network, as well as The Ultimate Fighter® reality television show and thousands of hours of programming on FOX Sports 1 and FOX Sports 2. In 2014, UFC launched UFC FIGHT PASS®, a digital subscription service with exclusive live events, thousands of fights on-demand and original content. The UFC organization also licenses over 100 UFC GYM® locations, and owns UFC.TV® (offering live event broadcasts and video on-demand around the world), UFC FIT® (an in-home fitness and nutrition program), UFC Magazine, and has a videogame franchise with EA SPORTS, UFC Fight Club®, UFC Fan Expo®, UFC branded apparel, DVDs and Blu-rays and Topps Trading Cards. For more information, visit UFC.com and follow UFC at Facebook.com/UFC, Twitter and Instagram: @UFC.